Chapter 3

Mrs. Blennon stared blankly at Erin and snorted.

"Dismissal? Lady Erin, on her own? You're not a Duchess anymore."

"Yes, I' m not the Duchess anymore. But I haven't lost everything yet."

Erin opened the drawer and took out a small silver box.

"The Duchess seal, it's still in my hands."

It was a square box as big as the bottom of a hand made of silver-blue jewelry.

The blue box was coiled with white flowers.

The petals of the holy water embossed with white jade shimmered in the morning light.

Mrs. Blennon was startled.

She's been working as an maidin the palace, and she knew exactly what it was.

This was a storage box containing the Empress's seal.

Just as the emperor stamped a document containing national events with the emperor's seal, the imperial palace's work is handled with the seal of the empress.

"Maybe it's the last thing I'm going to do. You know, firing you."

Erin said calmly, as if for granted.

"But you got it because you were the Duchess! You're no longer the Duke's wife......!"

"It doesn't matter that If I am the Duchess, but the Emperor himself entrusted it to me. It's not what the Duchess would have if it were to be it. It's the seal of the Empress."

Erin laid down the Empress 's seal on the table and struck with ease.

"But the Emperor ordered me to take care of the Imperial Palace while leaving the seal to the Empress. Your Majesty is not in the capital right now, so the order is still...
It's valid."

The empress died a long time ago, and the Crown Princess, the mother of Raymond , also died of labor.

Thanks to this, Erin was officially the highest woman in the palace.

The emperor had Erin take care of the palace, leaving the seal of the empress.

In the meantime, I have been in charge of living in the palace, but I have never done what I wanted to do because I have always been wary of people around me.
But not anymore.

"So from this moment on, you're fired. Get out of the palace right now."

Shocked on Mrs. Blennn's face, but the surprise soon turned into a clear laugh

"So you're gonna fire me? Do you think you'll be safe if you do something like that without any power? If the new Duchess comes here anyway, I'll be reinstated."

"Yes, when the new Duchess comes in, you may be reinstated. But when will that be? Three months? Four months?"

Maybe the new Duchess won't be able to come in for years.

I didn't know how the Emperor would react to the situation, who had not yet heard of the Duchess' divorce.

"It'll take a long time to get the permission to marry. Unfortunately, you won't be able to come to the palace until then."

Then you'll be unemployed for years.
Erin's grave answer contained such sarcastic remarks.

Only then did Mrs. Blennon, who grasped the situation, look astonished.

"Hey, hey, lady Erin...! "

"Mrs. Blennon."

Mrs. Blennon was once again surprised by the stern voice that spoke firmly.