Chapter 5

As soon as I unpacked, I cleaned the store first. I swept the dirty shop inside the two floor house, and cleaned it up.

The floor was also cleaned in every corner. Erin cleaned the shop until lunch time. The shop door opened and Melly came in.

Melly left her luggage in her room, right around the corner.

I went to the store and bought daily necessities and food ingredients. When Melly came into the store, she was
mopping and she was scared to see Erin

"Erin, I'll do that!"

"It's all right. I'm not even the Duchess anymore."

Now we have to go together and make crabs anyway. I couldn't sit still because I was a nobleman.

"It must be hard, though. Get some rest."

"Yes, then can you help me clean up here?"

Erin took care of Melly and headed for the second floor of the house in the back with her luggage.

A warm afternoon of sunshine seeped through the window of the living room.

After sweeping and wiping the dust to a certain extent, the two-story house became a place to live in.

Erin put daily necessities and food ingredients in a bag and opened the back door of the kitchen.

The backyard through the kitchen was very narrow. It was a forest just outside the fence. Beyond the fence, a dark blue forest stretched out from the west.

Erin approached the lemon tree near the fence. The tree was filled with yellow lemons between the dark blue leaves.

Some of them were withered or dried out because they were not managed

Some of them were still useful. Erin raised her hand to pick a ripe lemon. Even though I only picked two, the sour lemon scent was strong.

Erin took the lemon and went into the kitchen of the house. It was a small kitchen, but there was everything that could be.

There are tools and ovens. On one side, there was also a food ingredient that Melie bought. just before Erin searched the kitchen for tools to make pies and prepared ingredients.

First, I pressed the peeled lemon to squeeze out the lemon juice full of lemon scent and made lemon curd with it.

The lemon curd was a lemon custard with plenty of lemon juice and a deep sweet lemon flavor. a brownish pie baked with a ready-made lemon curd.

And put it on top of a white meringue. The white meringue looked like a hill of white snow.

The lemon meringue pie is completed by cooking it in the oven to make the ends of the meringue look golden.

Erin opened the oven and took out the finished pie. Melie, who came into the kitchen after smelling the sweet smell, was surprised to see the pie Erin had taken out.

"Erin... you really know how to cook, don't you? I thought it was just a rumor."

"Yes. It's already lunchtime, so I made it. Oh, you don't like lemons?"

Erin asked, looking at Melly's blank face.

"Oh, no. I like all fruits."

Melly marveled at Erin's pies.

"I didn't know you were so good at making pies. I've heard a lot of rumors, but... I actually didn't believe it. I thought you will hire someone else."

I couldn't believe she had learned to cook. Erin was the daughter of Hu. Even though India was a poor family.

"Then I'll take care of everything that makes food. You take care of the drinks and the West Bing."