Chapter 20

###

Erin's shop that's standing on the side of the quiet street was very small.

He imagined a small coffee house when he had heard of it, but it's ten time smaller than he thought.

Raymond frowned before he even reached the store. His carriage stopped on a quiet street, then he stepped out.

"Wait here."

The lights were off but the door was open. Raymond opened the store door and went inside.

When he went inside, the shop was bigger than he had imagined from outside, but it was still considered a small shop.

Raymond went in and found a little garden, there he found a table that's he used to find inside of weapons shop.

But compared to such a place, Erin's shop was no different than a hole.

‘I can't believe you're living in a place like this.'

It was ridiculous.

As I looked closely, the place was stood like a corridor—long and neat with it's own neatness and trimness, although it was narrow.

There are tables and chairs on the carpeted floor. The tables covered with white tablecloth were all empty.

Only strange things like plaster, clay, and cotton were piled up like mountains on the middle of the table.

Looking around the store, Raymond found a glass display case next to counter.

The glass was filled with colorful cakes, pies, muffins, etc. And there, he saw things like wheat kernels and creams.

'You didn't make it yourself, did you? ‘

I heard such rumors, but I didn't believe it because it was nonsense.

'No way, you can't be. There's no way a woman who once a Duchess would cooked herself.’

Did Erin said she sells pie in the past because she owed so much to the Brecia family? I've heard that before.

One day someone sent it with a bunch of pie shells in a gift box to mock

Erin.

It was a gift sent anonymously, so I didn't know who the culprit was.

On her birthday, Erin opened the gift box and put it down because she was blue.

Even after that, Erin didn't get angry and demand to catch the culprit. I just had my maids throw the gift away.

It was not long before the whole imperial palace was known.

Everyone made a fuss about it and laughed at Erin for coming from this poor family.

[The Duchess, who used to make and sell pies.]

I remember laughing at you like that.

At that time, I wasn't interested in what people's opinions about Erin.

'Did she really make a pie and sell it?'

Come to think of it, I didn't know anything about Erin. No wonder we haven't had much conversation in the last nine years.

It was what Raymond thoughts as he were looking around the shop.

It was then, a woman who was coming in from the back door of the store, found Raymond and bent down in surprise.

"Your Grace.”

'I think I've seen her somewhere.'

It was Melly who was guarding the store. But Raymond didn't know who she is. He vaguely thought that Erin hired a clerk.