Chapter 10 || Thalia

Thalia waited outside Sally's apartment with Nico. Ever since he had left, they'd moved in with her, as they wanted to keep her company. Inside, Thalia felt mad at the Kelp Head for leaving her like that. But she also felt sad and heartbroken that he had to go. Yes, she had a small crush on him. A small one. Though, she knew Annabeth had a bigger one on him.

How sad she was when he left four years ago...

"Thalia!"

She was ripped out of her thoughts when she saw a car pull up. It was a silver Lexus, and Annabeth said it came from her mother. What puzzled Thalia was that Annabeth's mother had left them. Why did she send her daughter a car and not a letter? Nico and Thalia got in the car, closing the doors.

"Sophomore year baby!" she pumped her fist in the air.

"Yeah, no more being a lousy freshman," Nico shivered.

When they all got out at Goode High, a blue Bugatti was parked in the slot next to theirs. Thalia frowned. Weird. She didn't know anyone who had a blue car like that. She shrugged. Maybe it was a new student she didn't know. They walked into the halls, reaching their lockers before they sighed, watching as the students passed by.

"Hey, look!" Thalia pointed to a group of kids over near the entrance of the school. "It's a group of new kids."

"Ah, they're lucky," Annabeth admitted, "Some kids don't even have friends when they're new here."

Thalia's mind flew back to the time... when she had met Percy.

-FLASHBACK-

Thalia was walking through the halls of her new school. She had no one. Not even her mother was there to send her to school like all the other moms. Thalia walked. But no, she didn't snitch. Not if that meant sending her to a foster mom, who would probably think she was a creep like her own mother did.

That's when a girl grabbed Thalia by her collar.

"Hey!" Thalia shoved the girl off. "Get the heck off me!"

"You're a tough newbie, eh?" the girl smirked.

"I could beat you up like a pancake!" Thalia growled.

"Sure, but you'd get in trouble," the girl gave her a mock pout. "Plus, you wouldn't be able to take on me AND my gang."

Thalia looked behind her to see six girls standing there, hips to one side, arms crossed, eyes glaring daggers at her.

"What do you want?" Thalia finally asked.

"We do this to all the newbies. Don't feel bad."

"Can you stop bullying people for once?" a voice sounded and Thalia turned to see a boy with sea-green eyes.

He was a bit scrawny, but he had this determined look in his eyes.

"Ah, I see we have Jackson. Don't you remember when we beat you up yesterday? You were covered in bruises!"

"Your punches and kicks don't hurt," he scoffed, "I've seen a LOT worse."

"Stop bluffing."

The girl pushed 'Jackson' back, and Jackson shook his head.

"You're gonna get in trouble."

"And unlike you, I'm not afraid of that."

Thalia could only watch as they beat him, not sure what to do. When they finally went away, 'Jackson' was lying on his back, gasping for air. But he got up nonetheless, limping over.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Shock flared in Thalia's soul, staring at him. HE was the one who got beat up yet HE was asking HER if she was okay. In fact... she'd never been ASKED if she was okay.

"I'm... I'm fine! But you just got beat up! Why are you worrying about me?"

"I dunno..." he admitted, "But I just felt like I needed to."

"Thanks," Thalia said, "Really. Thanks for... doing that."

"No problem. I'm Percy... by the way."

"Thalia."

But Thalia wasn't friends with Percy because he saved her. Because that was her first time she ever met someone who actually cared about her, even if he'd just met her. He was the reason she learned that there were SOME people who weren't self-absorbed.

-FLASHBACK OVER-

But that caring person was gone. He left her there. As if he'd never been there in the first place. The bell rang and Thalia went to class with Annabeth and Nico, sitting down in a desk. There was the group of new kids, talking amongst themselves.

"Hello," Mr. Sander said, "I hope you're all having a great day so far."

"It's morning," she heard the one in the blue hoodie whisper and his group of friends snickered.

Thalia felt a small part of her wince as she remembered. His favorite color was blue.

"Annabeth Chase!"

"Here," Annabeth raised her hand.

A bunch of other names passed and Thalia wanted to yawn to show how bored she was.

"Nico Di Angelo!"

"Here," Nico said quietly.

"Emo," she whispered to him as he glared at her.

"F**k off," he muttered.

"Thalia Grace!"

"Here." Physically, she added to herself.

Thalia wasn't planning on staying awake the lesson, or staying focused. She'd either be texting with Nico, as Annabeth wouldn't be texting her for her fear of failing class, watching random funny clips with no noise, or sleeping. Because Thalia didn't give a f**k for school.

"Jason Grace!"

"Here," a voice called.

Thalia froze. Her brother's name was Jason. It was in the back of her memories, but the day they got separated, she remembered. And he had the same last name... no way. She looked at him and looked away immediately when she saw his eyes mirroring hers. Electric blue. Just like she remembered. But Thalia shook the thought out of her head. Just like Percy wasn't ever coming back, there was no way Jason was alive and well.

"Percy Jackson!"

In unison, Annabeth, Nico, and Thalia whipped around so fast, they could've given themselves whiplash. But the person in front of them wasn't the Percy they knew. He had a muscular build that wasn't bulky but lean, a perfect beach tan, glinting white teeth, washboard abs, and that sly smirk you'd recognize on a school jock.

"Here," he said and she almost jumped.

Puberty hit him like a bus and Thalia wasn't sure how to feel about it. More importantly... he was back after four VERY long years.

Oh... how he would face her wrath.