Chapter 49 || Jason

Jason took Luke's back end, next to Piper, who took Ethan's back. Percy was casually slipping into the circle, having cornered the two spies.

"Surrender and you guys can leave this place unharmed," Percy said, twirling Riptide in his hands.

"You think it's that easy? I knew this was coming!" Luke smirked.

That's when they heard ropes and friction. Whipping around, they saw that ropes were being lowered from the ceiling, agents from Kronos's and Gaea's Army sweeping in, landing behind them in a perfect ring. Jason whipped around again to see Ethan and Luke with smug smirks on their faces. Percy glared at them.

"Not so mighty now, are we, Jackson?" Ethan raised an eyebrow. "Now let us go, give us the files, or we'll kill you."

"Or we'll kill you..." Percy growled as everyone began to fight and the chaos began.

It took Jason a while to realize that Annabeth had joined the fight, her dagger raised and ready. For a trainee who had only been training for a few months, Annabeth was on the better side of the bunch. Sure she wasn't a perfect fighter--none of them were--but she was good enough to survive a fight if she needed to. Part of him wanted to be proud of his cousin for training his girlfriend so well, but the other part of him was concentrating on not getting mauled.

Ducking as a blade soared overhead, he landed a pretty hard gash to an agent's stomach, watching as they slumped to the floor. He cursed internally at the blood coating the lockers and soaking into the carpet. They'd have to clean it all up.

"JASON, LOOK OUT!"

His moment's distraction got him hit in the chest with a brick. Seriously?! Why were all these bricks hitting on him? His eyes widened at that pun. Ew. Leo had taken the fight, kicking a dude straight in the face. The Repair Boy did a sashay as he practically decapitated an agent with a pirouette.

"Ballet lessons?" Jason smirked.

"Not the time, Grace... But I think those ladies on the bars really like me."

Both of them leapt into the fight and Jason could see Percy fighting Ethan and Luke from his peripheral vision. Annabeth was fighting a person next to him and she stabbed downwards with the flat of her blade to knock the man unconscious. As Jason turned, he saw a monster to his left. Of course they just had to mix it up.

Either they had gone through his list of personal issues, or they'd been watching him closely enough to know his OCD-ness when it came to mixing up monsters and demigod agents. It had to be either monster weapons or human weapons, not both. It had to be that way. Again, OCD. Jason slashed through the monster, gagging as it's flesh hit him in the face.

He shot a dart into the dead body, watching as it disappeared into golden dust. It seeped into the carpet and the smell of sulfur filled the room. He always hated the smell of powered monsters, but he had to do it under the law of the Olympians. Regular humans weren't supposed to know these monster reincarnations still existed.

"ANNABETH!" Jason whipped around to see Thalia jump in front of her best friend, having ran out of the closet.

"THALIA!" Jason's shriek ripped through the air as his sister fell to the floor, a knife imbedded in her shoulder.

Ignoring the battle, he rushed straight to her, turning her so that she laid in his arms.

"OW!" she yelled when he prodded the area.

"Uh... shit... We don't have a medic right now. Nico!"

"Yeah?" Nico called from the door.

"Do you think you could do Thalia's arrows? We're kinda in a situation right now!" Jason called.

"Got it!" Nico nodded, picking up the silver arrows.

Jason slowly gathered Thalia up in his arms and carried his older sister into the janitor's closet, where she stared in fear at the blade, still wedged in her shoulder.

"Don't take it out, sis. It'll only make it worse. You'll be fine once we get some nectar and ambrosia into you. We can't get it now, though. You know... EMERGENCY!"

He dashed off, Annabeth entering the janitor's closet to check up on her best friend.

Percy was now sporting a very elegant gash around his right bicep, the blood soaking his black shirt's sleeve. But Percy was fighting nonetheless. Jason silently thanked the gods that they hadn't gotten Percy's sword arm. If they did, that would've been bad.

"PIPER, LOOK OUT!" Percy screamed as a cyclops's club was swung into him, sending him flying all the way across the school.

"PERCY!" Annabeth screamed, rushing out of the janitor's closet to fight.

She was late to join the party. Jason felt rage coursing through his veins. That was his cousin. His brother. And this cyclops was gonna get it. Jason flew through the air as he relentlessly stabbed down with his gladius, brutally hurting the cyclops as it crashed to the floor. When the cyclops had been dissolved into dust, he stared in horror to see Piper being choked by several agents, the others holding down her limbs as her eyes rolled into the back of her head.

"PIPER!" he screamed as he launched himself at the one who was choking his Beauty Queen.

He felt a sword slash at his back, but it didn't matter to him. Kicking the rest away, Jason scooped Piper into his arms and dashed off. Panicked when she made no response to the sudden movement, he laid her down in an empty spot of the school. Putting two fingers against her neck, he felt for a pulse. Luckily, he found one. But she didn't stir. Her eyes remained shut.

"Shit..." Jason muttered.

His eyes landed on Percy, who was still laying on the floor, winded, though he was trying to recover faster. Groaning, his sea-green eyes sparked with flames when he saw Piper laying on the floor. Jason didn't blame Percy. He and Piper were like brothers and sisters to each other. He charged forward into the battle, killing a few monsters.

"PERCY! HELP!" Annabeth yelled as she was pinned by several monsters, the monster holding her ready to slit her throat.

Percy's eyes landed on her and a look of pure fury flashed across his face. Luke and Ethan stared at him curiously, which made Jason's skin crawl.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" Percy let out an unholy scream and the plumbing burst. Water flooded everywhere, drowning the monsters, crushing them, battering them...

Jason could only watch from an air bubble as his cousin defeated the whole rest of the army by himself. When the water died out, he could see Nico, Frank, Hazel, and Leo still standing on the battlefield. Percy was collapsed on his knees, panting. Frank got out of his eagle form and rubbed a spot on his neck.

"You good, Perce?" Hazel asked worriedly, forcing him to lie down.

"I need to see Annabeth first!" Percy gasped, trying to get out of Hazel's grasp.

"I'm okay..." Annabeth staggered forward, falling onto her hands and knees next to Percy.

"Thank the gods..." Percy laid back, propping himself up with his elbows.