Trust Issues (Chapter 9)

ARMONI POV:

I woke up the same way I fell asleep four hours before, feeling safe and secure in Jerome's arms. My alarm clock was going off so I reached out and I turned off my Hello Kitty alarm clock, that was on my bedside table, before it woke Jerome up. I could've used my phone as an alarm clock but it was so cute so I took advantage and used it whenever possible. I tried to get out of bed, but I couldn't untangle myself from his arms. He had a strong ass grip on me and he was not trying to let go any time soon. I tried to pry his arms from my waist without waking him up but I was very unsuccessful.

"Jerome." I said tapping his arm.

"Jerome" I said a little louder.

"Jerome." I said as I was answered by his light snoring.

"Jerome get up!" I yelled, hitting him in the head. I never realized how hard of a sleeper Jerome was until now. He could sleep through two tornadoes and an earthquake.

"Huh?" He mumbled, lifting his head from his pillow and looking at me with sleep written all over his face. He looked so cute when he first woke up, like a confused little puppy.

"I have to get up and get ready for church." I told him.

"Okay, wake me up when it's my turn to shower." He mumbled.

"I can't get out of the bed, Jerome." I sighed.

"Why what's wrong?" He asked, alarmed.

"Your arms are trapping me." I said slapping his arm.

"Oh, sorry." He said leaning in to give me a kiss, I put my hand over my mouth so he couldn't kiss me and moved my head.

"Morning breath." I replied, kissing his forehead and then getting of the bed once he released me.

"I take it you're not mad at me anymore?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"We'll talk after church." I sighed. Knowing what my brother is capable of and the fact that Jerome works for him is kind of scary. Does he sell drugs? Does he rob people? Does he kill people? Does he prostitue women? Is he a pimp? So many different things were running through my mind. I had so many questions for him but now wasn't the time. "Do you know what you're wearing?" I asked, slipping on my house shoes before going to make breakfast.

"Nope." He mumbled.

"Ooooh, you should Li pick out our outfits." I said excitedly.

"I guess." He mumbled.

"We're gonna be so cute, I can see it already." I squealed.

"I swear you're on drugs. Shut up so I can go back to sleep." He groaned making me laugh.

"Says the drug dealer." I winked, before leaving my room. After I brushed my teeth, I made my way into the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and grits. I mumbled to myself, getting the ingredients out, and getting my phone out to turn on some music. About thirty minutes later breakfast was ready. I had everything set out on the kitchen counter buffet style.

I went and got the kids up first to tell them breakfast was ready. They looked so cute in their little bath robes and slippers. I made them go wake Jerome up while I busted in Yana's room to find her and Brandy laid across the bed.

"Wake up heffa's breakfast is ready." I sang loudly.

"You cooked?" Brandy asked, opening one eye.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Yes Gawd! I've been craving your cooking for a damn month." She yelled.

"Craving? You pregnant?" I asked raising my eyebrow before laughing. A look flashed across her face but as soon as it appeared, it was gone. She smirked before sitting up in the bed.