Trust Issues (Chapter 16)

ARMONI POV:

After finishing up with my clients for the day, I stayed a few extra hours later, to finish up some paper work. I didn't want to be overwhelmed with work for the rest of the week, so I just decided to knock it out at once, since I didn't have to pick up Aaliyah from school.

On the way home from work, I noticed that I needed gas so I pulled into the nearest gas station. I got out my wallet and phone before locking my car and heading into the gas station. I walked to the back of the store to the drink section and got a bottle of strawberry Fanta before going over to the candy isle and getting a pack of gum and a pack of starburst as well.

I got in line to pay for my snacks and gas. While waiting to pay, I started to get that weird feeling that someone was watching me. I slowly turned around and noticed that I was indeed being watched.

They guy that was staring at me had a smirk on his face. He was very tall, well over six feet. With a light completion, and beautiful eyes. "Wassup Ma." He nodded. As he began to talk, I couldn't help but to notice his pretty white teeth.

"Hello." I smiled before quickly turning around and stepping forward. I felt a tap on my shoulder so I turned around.

"Where you headed lil mama?" He asked me.

"No where special. I just got off work." I explained with a shrug.

"Oh. You wanna come chill with me?" He asked before licking his bottom lip. I had to admit, this mystery person was very handsome. "I mean, if you're not busy. We could go grab some food."

"I don't think that my boyfriend would like that." I told him as I shook my head. "Thanks for the offer though."

"I can respect that." He nodded as he looked me up and down with a smirk on his face. "I hope he realizes how lucky he is to have you, you're a very beautiful lady."

"Thank you." I smiled as I felt my face heat up. I knew my face was the color of a tomato. "It was nice talking to you."

"You too Ma." He winked at me as I turned around to place my things onto the counter so that I could pay.

"Hi, can I get thirty on pump two." I told the cashier. Before I could realize what was happening, the guy behind me, placed his bag of chips, sunflower seeds and Gatorade on the counter bedside my things.

"And lemme get two packs of them grape swishers too." He spoke up from behind me. I watched as he pulled out a stack of money from his pocket.

"Oh, no you don't have to do that." I told him once I realized that he was trying to pay for my things.

"Don't worry about it." He shrugged as he paid. I got my bag of snacks before he opened the door for me and then followed me out to my car.

"What kind of gas do you use?" He asked once we approached my car.

"You don't have to do that." I told him once again. "I can pump it myself."

"You shouldn't have to pump your own gas, Ma. I got it." He assured me as I allowed him to pump my gas. We made normal small talk as he filled up my car and made sure I was safely in the car.

"Thank you again, Trey. It was nice meeting you." I told him as I rolled down my window.

"No problem Ma, just make sure you get home safe beautiful." He smiled as he walked backward to his black BMW.