CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO 🐾

My lips curl up at the feel of his fingers on my skin and the dip of the bed

My lips curl up at the feel of his fingers on my skin and the dip of the bed. "You want me to stay?" he whispers.

I scratch behind his ears, breathing him in when he nuzzles me. "I do."

"Okay," he says, pushing a piece of hair away from my face, staring at me with a different purpose. It's impossible to not stare back, but when he lowers his head and kisses me I moan. "Hmm, you're so warm."

My hands run up his hoody to touch his warm skin too, while his tongue presses into my mouth. The taste is so familiar and warm it's like my body lets me know it remembers him. He's always been such a good kisser; you can get totally lost in it.

"Nothing was the same without you," he says urgently through the kisses. "You believe me, right?"

I press my mouth on his as he speaks. "I know. I really do."

"No," he says, breaking away. "You're not listening to me. I love you, Ellie."

Well, I'm listening now. Eyes glinting in my direction, he breathes heavily, trying his hardest to get his point across. My heart squeezes when I look at him. So vulnerable. So real.

"I need you to know," he whispers.

I look down when his become too intense and his breathing hitches like he's taking it to mean something bad.

"Do you still love me?" he asks, trying to grab my attention by using his fingers to lift up my chin.

I give him them, feeling unsure to share when I have spent the best part of five months trying to stamp them out. "Of course, I love you. I adore you. I love you so much it hurts."

Breathing deep out of his nose, he pushes me back into the cushions, letting his hands roam up and down my body. The very tips of his fingers massaging everywhere they go.

The bottom of his hoody is between my fingers and pulling it over his head before he pushes my top up and kisses my stomach and over my scar.

It holts me. There's so much care in the movement when he closes his eyes, pushing his lips back and forth with his hand rubbing my stomach. Then he's moving up my chest where he removes my bra to devour my flesh, lifting his head to show off his eyes that sparkle devilishly.

In those blissful moments which follows, he takes his time removing my clothes, bending down to steal kisses from me as he tries to remove his jeans. There's subtle changes in his body, the dark hair on his chest a little thicker and his stomach slightly protrudes at the bottom but he's perfect.

My back lifts off the pillows to watch him between my legs. Dark brown hair all I see and then a fuzzy haze is pulling my head back down to the pillows. I cry out when my body lets go of all the tension, his name on my lips for several seconds.

He strokes my face. "Did that feel good?"

I hum, gasping when he keeps stroking his fingers over my sensitive parts. "Yes, so good."