Chapter 8 - Luciano Carlos

Clara's POV

"Damn it... Why must it be a Turnstile?" I cursed as I stood in front of the entrance at Carlos Hotel. I don't know why, but I was really bad with Turnstile, it's a nerve-wracking process just trying to get into and out of the turnstile for me.

Nevertheless, I had no other choice but to brace myself for it. "3, 2, 1!" I did a countdown and hopped into the turnstile as I squinted my eyes but I ended up hitting something hard against my face and I nearly lost my balance. When I opened my eyes, I realised what I actually hit against was the chest of a 6ft tall man in a suit. I felt his large hands grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him to prevent me from falling. I bumped my face into his chest once again and a waft of alluring masculine cologne puffed into my nose.

When he got me out of the turnstile, a deep velvety voice followed, "Are you okay?"

I didn't dare to really take a good look at him as I was embarrassed with myself. I quickly apologised to him and rushed off to the front desk to check in.

Luciano's POV

"Carlos will not be making a deal with them anymore, period." I snapped firmly at the annoying marketing manager who kept pestering me even after the board meeting has ended. "But Sir..." the marketing manager continued to take his chances with me. I turned and gave him a death stare which shut him up.

I continued to make my way towards the exit of Carlos Hotel as I couldn't wait to end the day after a long tiring "fight" with the greedy bunch of old man on the board of directors. I took a quick glance at my Rolex watch to check the time while I walked into the turnstile and I collided into someone. I was taken over by my quick reflex as I grabbed her waist and whipped her up when I got her out of the turnstile. She was so light, slender and very delicate.

Her face was pressed on my chest. Then she slowly looked up at me. She had a well-modelled feminine face, a pair of beautiful sparkling emerald eyes and a flush of radiant glow under her fair skin. When I asked if she was okay, she was flustered in apologising and scooted off from my sight in the span of seconds. I don't know what took over me at that instance, but she kind of sent butterflies in my stomach. I've seen more than a dozen of beautiful woman in my life who tried to throw themselves at me for my money but none of them has ever made me feel the same way that she did. Maybe it was that subtle sense of demureness in her that set me feeling this way...

Clara's POV

When I tried to check in at the front desk, I was told that my room has been checked in by another guest and that person was none other than Sam!

I slapped my head for being so dumb, I completely forgot that I had left the other order ticket with Sam before I broke up with him.

How dare he still had the cheek to leech on this staycation for free?!

The front desk staff alerted me to a cuddly couple who just walked out from the lift and were heading towards the lobby, "That's the couple who checked in."

I can't believe he still looks happy with that hot bitch after all the pain that he has put me through and now he is gonna spoil my holidays too?! I stormed towards them while lugging my luggage, I didn't care even if I looked pathetic, I was adamant in at least fighting for my hard-earned holidays!

"Sam! Give me back my order ticket!" I yelled at him from a distance. He gasped upon seeing me like a kid who was caught red-handed for doing something wrong, but it wasn't for long. Sam retaliated, "What? No way, this order ticket belongs to me since you were the one who gave it to me."

I couldn't believe how he wasn't guilt-stricken at all for what he has done to me. "I didn't know you cheated on me back then when I gave it to you. After all the pain you gave me, do you still think you deserve this from me?! I paid for the package, it's mine!" I said firmly as I stuck out my hand and demanded him to return the keys and order ticket to me.

Sam slouched and rolled his eyes at me as though I was the unreasonable person. The hot bitch dismissed me, "This is ridiculous... We're not going anywhere else. You should be the one leaving! Now, get lost!" She shoved me aside with her hands which caused me a loss of balance. When I nearly fell to the ground, a familiar touch grabbed me by my waist again. I looked up and saw the same figure that rescued me from the turnstile earlier on.

I froze and this time round I was able to take a better look at him. He was a tall-clad figure, devilishly handsome, with a beautifully proportioned body and an athletic physique.

"Sorry for the wait, honey, I hope nothing nasty happened to you during the wait?" He said it intimately to me as he brushes his hand through my hair. I gasped at what was happening and gave him a perplexed look. He turned to Sam and gave him an intense deadpan look as he carried himself with a commanding air of self-confidence, "Is there a problem that you have with my fiancee?" He looked very rich and powerful at the same time.

Sam couldn't help from feeling the shivers sent down his spine and he stuttered in response, "Er.. No no, not at all." The hot bitch, on the other hand, was seen mesmerised and smitten by the tall-clad beauty in front of her.

My "saviour" looked back at me with his beautiful pair of hazel eyes that sparkles. He flashed a charming smile and said, "Alright, honey, let's get up to the presidential suite I've booked for you," My mind was still blank as I got overloaded with too much information to process at that moment. He continued to pick up my luggage in one swift motion without a struggle as though it was extremely light.

Damn... He is strong. He held me by the waist as we walked towards the elevator.

"Oh god... What is happening?!" I thought to myself as I got into the elevator with this man I barely knew.

Luciano's POV

My gaze couldn't help but followed her even after she left, there was something in her that baited me towards her. Unknowingly, my feet carried me back inside Carlos Hotel once again.

As my eyes darted around for her, my attention was brought to the lobby area when I heard a commotion going on. I saw her in distress with the couple standing in front of her. They seem to be equally pissed off, the voluptuous woman folded her arms and gave the annoyed look while the man was yelling at her.

I learned from their conversation that the man was actually her ex-boyfriend, and he took advantage of the staycation package she bought for him before she knew he cheated on her.

Damn... I hate men who cheat on their spouse, just like the douchebag who caused the death of my dearest sister. Logically, I wouldn't want a commotion in my hotel affecting my business. Mentally, I was engulfed by rage I had towards men who cheats. So I strode over to them and decided to stage a lie to help her out of this sticky situation.

My heart nearly dropped when she got shoved and was near to falling. I quickly wrapped my arms around her to steady her stance. Then the acting begins...