Chapter 38 - Amelia

*Rico's POV*

Flashback from 5 years ago

It's been a year since I graduated from Riverdale High School and I haven't heard from Clara after I left for Harvard. I tried contacting her, but it was to no avail as she had moved out to somewhere else which I wasn't aware about. I thought she was just going to be a passing rain in my life, one that I would move on from, but I was proven wrong when I met Amelia Rossi...

*Harvard's Library*

"Oh! I'm...so...so...sorry!" A bespectacled girl with a fragile frame in a jeans jumper apologised profusely to me after colliding into me when we were walking through the aisle in the school's library. She immediately scrammed on the floor to pick up the books that fell off from our hands when we bumped into each other.

I lugged my backpack onto my shoulder and knelt down to help her with the books. "It's okay, I'm sorry too, I should have looked where I was going," I shook my head at my own carelessness.

We stood up after picking up the books, and that's when I managed to get a proper look at her. Even though she had this thick rim of glasses on, but her pair of beautiful eyes were not concealed.

"Here you go," I passed her books to her.

"Thank you," She replied with a smile.

The tinted flush over her cheeks, her dulcet voice and that timorous vibe, she was...a familiar tug at my heart.

"Rico Barnes, 2nd year in Economics and Law," I introduced myself as I extended a handshake to her.

Her eyes widened in surprise like she didn't saw it coming. She shook my hand back in a flustered way and introduced herself to me, "Oh, I'm Amelia...Ca... Sorry, Amelia Rossi, 2nd year in Law."

"You're in Law too? Haven't seen you around before," I raised my brows with a surprised look.

She let out an awkward laughter and said, "Yea... I go unnoticed pretty easily."

"Oh, no, that's not what I mean," I explained myself immediately.

She looked at her watch and that reminded me of our Law module class which was going to start in 5 minutes time. So I took the opportunity and asked her, "Let's go for our class together, shall we?"

She let out a beautiful smile, one that brings back a nostalgic feel. "Yea, sure," she said as she pushed her glasses up her nose bridge.

"Why Law?" I asked her as we made our way to the lecture theatre.

"My brother used to do double major in Business and Law at Harvard, he was a valedictorian too. He's my idol, but I'm not as smart as him to do a double major," She explained with her eyes gleamed at the mention of her brother. She must be really close with her brother.

And that was how we met. It didn't take long for me to feel comfortable being around with Amelia, I was fatally attracted to her for some unknown reason, it was as though she was an old friend of mine that I used to know. Hence, we started dating six months right after we first met.

I thought she was the one for me, but gradually I was proven wrong by the truth held in my subconscious.

*A date with Amelia at the school's carnival*

It's been 6 months since I got together with Amelia. One day, we went on a date at the school's carnival. The cotton candy stall caught my attention and I couldn't help smiling at it, I went over and bought one for Amelia while she was looking at the other stalls.

I walked up to her with the cotton candy hidden behind me, "Guess what I found?"

"What?" She giggled at the suspense I was creating.