Chapter 44 - A Twist of Fate

*The next morning*

Clara's POV

"Good morning, my love," A deep velvety voice greeted me as I woke up.

My eyes squinted as the blurry vision turned clear, Luciano was looking intently at me, still naked in bed. He is still deliciously gorgeous as ever and this reminded me of what we did last night...

I pulled up the sheets to cover my face as I laughed in embarrassment, "Stop looking at me..."

Then I felt his strong arm wrapped around my waist and I was scooped over to him in one pull. Our skin was intimately connecting again as he whispered, "Last night was amazing... I don't know how to live on without you anymore..."

I smiled at him shyly and said, "I felt so too..."

"Now this sheet is truly stained with your blood, you're mine now," he teased.

We started locking kisses again and then I felt something warm and hard against my thigh. I knew what it was...

"Again?" I laughed.

"Yes, you're going to have to get to used to it, so as long as you're with me," he teased.

That morning, we did it again and I've already lost count on the number of times he exploded and filled me with his love.

*Carlos's Corporation Building*

Luciano held my hand throughout the whole car ride to work, he wasn't even letting go of it as we walked into the Carlos building. I felt so much closer to him, especially after the bonding of our body and soul since last night.

Just as I was caught up in reminiscing about last night, an aged woman walked up to me in the lobby of the building. She resembles very much of someone I knew...

"Miss Mitch, I've been waiting for you, could I please have a word with you?" The aged lady asked.

"I'm sorry, you're...?" I asked curiously.

"Security," Luciano commanded his security to take her away before she even had the chance to reply me.

"No... Wait!" I stopped the security from taking her away.

"I'm... Rico's mother, Alice," she replied with discomfort.

Oh shit... Rico! I was too uptight about Luciano that I forgot about him, how's he now?!

"What are you here for?" Luciano demanded.

"Please... Just let me have a word with her..." She pleaded.

"Luciano, I'll be fine, please just give us a moment," I asked Luciano.

Luciano nodded his head and left with a sigh. I know he would give in to me, after all, our trust for each other had strengthened so much more than before.

"Please, have a seat," I said as I ushered her to the seat in the lobby.

"Thank you," She said.

After we sat down, I immediately uttered my concern about Rico, "I'm sorry, last night Rico called me but I was held back by something else, how's he now? Is he okay?"

"He is... not fine, Miss Mitch," Alice said with a sigh.

"Just call me Clara, just Clara. What... What do you mean by not fine?" I asked anxiously.

"I know he wouldn't want me to tell you this, but I have to be selfish for once, for my dear son. Please just follow me to Rico's house now, you'll know when you're there," She knelt on the floor and pleaded with tears welling up in her eyes.