Chapter 10 - What happens in Vegas (1)

Clara's POV

I still couldn't believe that I was so lucky to earn a stay in one of the most prestigious suites in the world as I laid on the elegant king-sized comfortable bed in my bedroom like a star-fish.

Just as I was snuggling up to the soft and nice-smelling sheets on my bed, a knock came on my door and I saw Luciano leaning by the side of the door, "Just to let you know, my bedroom is directly opposite if you need anything just let me know."

He didn't have to try hard at all, but by just standing there, he already looked like a model in those high-end fashion magazine.

"Oh sure, thank you for this once again," I said as I smiled back at him. I was honestly thankful to have met him on this trip, I couldn't imagine how pathetic I would be if I had to end up in an awful cat fight and I would most probably land myself a night at the lobby as a loser.

"How long would you be here?" He asked as he walked into my room. "I'm sorry...but can I stay here for another 3 more days? I assure you I'm not "lusting" for this stay out of greed. I bought a 4 days 3 nights stay at Carlos, I can't go back to L.A. until then, if not my Bestie is gonna be worried about me again and I don't want her to be..." I said as I pleaded hard in my heart that he would shower me with a bit more of his empathy for me.

"That's definitely no problem at all, I can understand that. In fact... I was... wondering if you would like me to show you around in Vegas during your stay here?" He asked as he scratched his head.

"Oh that's really nice of you, I can't thank you enough, I owe you a big time," I stood up from my bed and gave him the happiest smile from the bottom of my heart to express my gratitude.

"Don't be, just don't forget that you need to help me out with my rating on Carlos," He said as he smirked. I let out my laughter and replied, "Of course, I'll be professional in this."

"Well then, may I have the honour to bring you out for...lunch now?" He asked as he flicked up his left arm to look at the time on his Rolex watch.

If he didn't remind me about lunch, I would have completely forgotten about my growling stomach all thanks to the morning episode with Sam. I couldn't wait to feast now that I thought about it. "Ok, sure, just give me a moment to get changed," I chirped.

"Alright, I'll see you in the lobby of our suite in 10 minutes?" He asked with his eyebrow raised, I guess he was just unsure how long a woman would take to get dressed.

"Ok, I'll see you in 10 minutes!" I replied. As soon as he left, I hurriedly ransacked through my luggage for a nice outfit as I can't possibly still remain in my current jeans and white shirt outfit when I am going out for lunch with someone in a suit. To my disappointment, I had nothing that can be related to posh in my luggage at all, the only nicest outfit I had was a casual jumpsuit. Damn it... I had no other choice but to get into that outfit and did some light touch up on my make up before I left to the lobby to meet Luciano.

As I walked down the stairs in my wedges, I saw Luciano already changed to casual outfit in just less than 10 minutes. He was in casual white chino pants and a v-neck shirt with a blazer over it. The thought of him perhaps working as a supermodel surfaced on my mind again. How could someone look so perfect effortlessly? He is definitely out my league, I better keep myself in check, I don't want to end up in another major crush on someone who wouldn't feel the same way towards me, just like Rico Barnes... Or ended up being despised upon like how Sam did to me.

Suddenly, Luciano turned around and glued his stare at me as I walked down the stairs. Oh no... I must have looked like a cheap fashion disaster, that is why he is probably staring at me with disgust in his mind. I wish I was invisible until he said, "Wow... You look amazing."

I cannot believe the words that came out of his mouth even though it's really heartening to hear that. I guess he probably said that out of courtesy, so I replied him looking all awkward, "Oh you're too kind, I'm not at all, but still... Thank you."

Luciano's POV

"Ok, so I was on my way out of Carlos after a meeting, I met a lady who collided into me, I looked for her after she left, I saw her in a commotion, I got her out of it and brought her here, and then I lied to her about my identity, what's next? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!" I tried to calm myself down while walking around in the room as I ran through the list of events that just happened. I placed both of my hands on my hip in defeat as I thought to myself, "Well, I'm not sure what is happening here but since she is here, why not just let her stay on, stick around her, maybe I could also get some honest feedback on Carlos Hotel since she is a professional marketer after all."

I gathered my courage and walked over to her room. I saw her snuggling up to the sheets of the bed like a baby feeling comfortable in the crib, I cracked up in my heart at the sight of it. She was so cute and so full of innocence, I didn't want to interrupt this moment of hers but I had some questions to ask her. So I knocked on the door after contemplating for a few seconds with my fist up in the air. She sat up from her bed instantly in surprise, I think I enjoyed watching her comical reaction deep in my heart.

I informed her that my bedroom will just be directly opposite hers and I asked her how long she would be staying in Vegas. I don't know why I was so happy when I learnt that she is going to stay here for 3 more days. She didn't have to plead for her stay, I wouldn't even mind if she wanted to stay here for more than 3 days even though Carlos would be making a loss. She was so full of gratitude towards me as she spoke even though I thought nothing much of my actions.

When she flashed her smile to me, it hit me in my head, she resembles my dearest sister who passed away a few years ago. I guess that is why a part of me is hoping that she could stay on and hang around with me? A spontaneous thought came across my mind and I offered to bring her around Vegas, I was glad that she accepted my offer as this meant I could get more chances to interact with her.

Halfway through our conversation, I heard her stomach rumbling and that reminded me of lunch, so I took the opportunity to ask her out for lunch for a start. She gladly accepted it but she requested for some time to get changed. I wasn't sure how much a lady would need to get herself changed as I've never dated a woman in my 30 years of life before. I raised my eyebrow and threw a rough estimated time of 10 minutes at her since this was already the longest time I ever gave for anyone to let me wait for them.

Since I've got 10 minutes on hand, I might as well get changed out of this stuffy suit that I've been in since this morning. I ran through the options in my wardrobe vaguely and changed into a casual outfit that I felt comfortable in. I was 5 minutes earlier than the meeting time when I got to the lobby at our suite. I stood around the fountain while waiting for her, then I heard footsteps coming from the stairs behind me, I turned around and saw her looking all stunning in a casual jumpsuit. She already looked gorgeous with her light makeup and her long wavy locks bounced beautifully off her chest as she strode down the stairs in her wedges like a model, yet I didn't pick up the slightest sense of promiscuous sultriness from her which most models would had. For the first time in my 30 years of life, I've finally met a goddess so I couldn't help staring at her as I let out the most sincere compliment from my heart, "Wow, you look amazing."

I don't know why she isn't receiving the compliment in a happy way, she seems to be in doubt of my compliment as she sounded awkward in her reply to me.