Chapter 40 - Sweetness Overload

*The next day*

Clara's POV

I woke up in the morning with a jolt of excitement when I think about Luciano and that kiss that we shared yesterday as I touched my own lips. Ever since I confessed my feelings to Luciano yesterday, I felt that my spirits were elevated. I finally got something off my chest. I went for a quick shower and dressed up for work. Then I made my way down for breakfast with much anticipation to see him.

I still have butterflies in my stomach just from the sight of his back. I never felt such a strong chemistry towards someone in my life until I met Luciano, not even when I was with Sam or with Rico from 7 years ago.

Is this the kind of feeling one should get when you know he is the one for you?

As I approached him, I breathed in hard and then I greeted him with my brightest smile, "Morning Luciano."

When he tilted his head up to me, his locking eyes on me set my heart racing and my temples flushed as I recalled about the intimate kiss we shared yesterday. He greeted me with his beaming wide smile too, "Morning, my love."

Did he just called me "My love"?! I felt I was rammed over by an overwhelming load of sweetness and I was floating in the clouds now.

I froze for a moment as I fall into a coma of sweetness overload.

He stood up from his seat and then his hands encircled around my waist and his lips pecked against my left cheek. His sensual lips against my skin coupled with that swoon of musky masculine cologne of his set my nerves tingling, my pulse racing and my heart throbbing.

He combed my hair behind my left ear with one hand and I could feel his manly fingers against my skin as he placed his large hand against my left cheek, the warmth was satisfying and arousing, I was so drugged by him. Then he whispered to me, "Shouldn't my morning kiss be reciprocated too?"

Even though it wasn't the first time we kissed, but every single time it felt like the tingling excitement of having our first kiss together. My face felt warm and flushed from his teasing. I closed my eyes and leant over to him with my pouted lips ready to reciprocate his morning kiss. However, instead of feeling him against my lips, a sudden loud shutter sound jolted me up. I opened my eyes and realised Luciano used his phone to take a picture of me with my pouted lips.

"Now this is going to be my new wallpaper for my phone," Luciano smirked as he showed me the picture.

"No!! I look so stupid!" I squealed in defence and tried to snatch his phone but he lifted his phone up with his hand, making it impossible for me to reach it.

"I think you look absolutely adorable," he said with a laugh.

Even though I found that picture of me really unglamorous, it was sweet to know that he finds me adorable.

"We're not going to work today, we're going to do a little shopping instead," He said with a wink, leaving me in suspense.

"What? Why?" I asked him.

"You'll know later," He replied.

"But you have a lot of meetings to attend to for today," I explained.

"Don't worry, I've already got Chad to stand in for me for today. I need to go off now to get some things done, Tim will drive you to the place where I will meet you after you have your breakfast."

"Okay..." I said with a tinge of reluctance to let go of him.

Then he gave me another surprise peck on my forehead and locked his hypnotising gaze on me, "I just can't seem to get enough of you, but I'll see you again in a moment."