Chapter 6: Range Rover

Robin

I lock my car and walk inside the coffee shop. This was going to be a quick stop since I needed to be to work in about thirty minutes.

I almost immediately spot Marie and Damien sitting at one of the tables near the door. I had told them to meet up with me here to ask some more questions about the wedding.

I sit down and they look up from talking to each other.

"Hey, girl!" Marie says

"What's up, Robin."

I nod and take my folders and binder out in a hurry, "No time for greetings. I have a meeting in forty minutes and have to meet a photographer who I hired two weeks ago in two hours."

Marie chuckles and they sit up straight. "Alrighty then, ask away."

"Awesome. I've already established the theme for your wedding. I'm thinking bright colors, streamers, things like that. How's that sound?" I said moving my hands. People often said I spoke with my hands but I don't quite believe it.

They nod, "Sounds good."

"Fantastic. This should be a whole lot quicker than. I'm just going to ask you guys questions about your honeymoon. I know that isn't necessarily the ideal order of planning the wedding but at the moment I'm still in the process of working on another wedding since your wedding was so unexpected I didn't have time to prepare."

"I'm sorry about that, Robin. We were just so excited." Damien says and I wave a dismissive hand.

"Don't be sorry, it's my job. Now let's get started, first question, what type of mood do you want to set for your honeymoon? Are we thinking, sexy, get alone time together or meet new friends, have fun type of thing?"

They turn to each other and discuss it as I pull my pen out of my bag and search for my phone. About five minutes pass and they have finally discussed it.

"Definitely sexy." Marie leans forward and whispers in my ear, "We're going to have s-e-x." She giggles and I nearly gag.

"Marie, sweetheart, I am so happy you found someone but I do not want to hear about you guys having sex okay?"

She nods still giggling and Damien laughs with her.

"So you said, sexy? Awesome. There's unlimited options for that kind of honeymoon . You could stay at a hotel, rent a suite, a deserted island, anywhere. But first, how long do you plan on having your honeymoon. Most newly weds leave from around a week and a half to three weeks. "

"Two weeks." Damien instantly responds and Marie nods in agreement happily.

For the next fifteen minutes I ask Marie and Damien more questions regarding their honeymoon and once I've gotten all the information I needed right now I begin packing up just as August shows up.

I groan at the sight of the disgusting man and he turns to me with a glare.

"Fuck, I didn't know she-devil was here."

I scoff, "As if I wanted you here, you pathetic excuse for a man."

"Someone's mad no wants to be in a relationship with you. I don't blame 'em. I mean look at you, the only thing you do for fun is go to the gym."

So not true. Okay maybe a little bit. Alright that's all the way true but who cares.

"I don't see how Jada could lower her standards so much. You're practically a walking red flag. Your name is August and you play basketball. That's basically the definition of a red flag."