Chapter 31: Peasant

Robin

I turn the television off as the credits for Beauty and Beast start to play.

Biting my fingernail, I turn to August. He searches for another movie to watch in the kitchen.

"Foreman." I call out to him.

"Gorgeous." He replies quickly.

"My new employee asked me out for dinner tonight."

His head lifts immediately and a scowl rests on his face. "You're fuckin' with me, right?"

I bite back my smile. "I think I might go. He seems like a great guy, you know?"

August grabs his car keys and begins walking to the front door. "Where are you going?" I ask, standing up.

"Just gonna have a little talk with him."

I rush after him. "You said the same thing about Henry, yet I found out you beat him half to death." I smile. "Not that I'm mad about that."

He doesn't listen, only continues to unlock the door. I laugh and move his hand away. "August, I was kidding!"

He faces me with a glare as he lifts me up. I wrap my legs around his waist and he backs me up against the door. "That's not funny." He mumbles.

My chest already heaving at his closeness, I smile and peck his lips. "I love you." I say, slightly afraid.

"I love you too." He responds and kisses me. I decide to irritate him a little more. I don't kiss him back, which makes him stop and squeeze my hips. "Kiss me back." August grumbles. I smile at the frown that rests on his face.

Cupping his face in my hands, I kiss him. He smiles finally and deepens the kiss. I pull away, still holding his face. "So are we like, in a relationship now?"

"Nah. I'm not really looking for a girlfriend at the moment-"

"Oh, shut up."

He laughs and gazes at me with a smile. After a moment, he kisses my cheek. "You're my girl?"

"Is that your romantic way of asking me to be your girlfriend, August?"

"Yes, Ma'am. What? You don't like it? You want me to get down on one knee and ask? 'Cause I will, if you-"

I laugh and let go of his face, instead wrapping my arms around his neck. "No, no, I like it. It's cute. " I kiss him softly for a moment before pulling away. "I'm your girl."

He smiles. "You're mine?"

I nod. "I'm yours."

He sets me down on the ground and rolls his eyes. "Great. That's another girlfriend I have to take care of."

A glare forms on my face and I move away from him. "You're an asshole." I mumble, walking to my bedroom.

He laughs, following behind me. "I'm joking, I'm joking! It was payback, Robin!"

I roll my eyes as I search my closet for something to wear today. "Leave me alone."

August appears behind my back shortly after I say this. He hugs me from behind. "Come on, gorgeous, you know I'm kidding. You're the only one for me." He says, snuggling his head into the crook of my neck.

He kisses my neck as I try my best to stay mad at him. "How do I know that's true?"

He doesn't answer, only turns me around and lifts me up. I bite back the giggle that wants to escape. August places me on the bed gently and lies between my legs, resting his head on me. My breath hitches when he lifts my blouse and kisses my stomach.