Ice Cream - Bash Brothers

I'm a little surprised that they're letting us run free here since we've never been to LA. Everyone broke off into groups - I went with Fulton and Dean. How they went from fighting to being best friends so quickly is amazing - I'm just glad they let me join them. If they didn't, there's a good chance I'd be stuck third-wheeling Connie and Guy. Somehow, with everywhere we could go, we still managed to run into some Ducks every now and then.

"Guys, wasn't that the captain from the love boat?" I hear a familiar voice say.

I turn to Dean and Fulton and ask, "Am I going insane, or did you guys also just hear Averman?"

'I didn't hear anything." Portman states.

"Nah she did." Fulton corrects. "He's over there with Dwayne, Jesse and Goldberg." He continues, pointing behind Dean.

We all turn to face the boys crowding shop doors. I don't doubt that they'll get into some sort of trouble, if they haven't already. We decide it's better to not know what they're doing and go the other way. As we walk down the street, the boys are either side of me - something about keeping me safe from weirdos and creeps.

"So, what now?" Dean asks as we continue walking.

"There's an arcade a couple blocks away. Wanna check it out?" I reply before they agree.

"Sure. We should get food after." Fulton proposes.

"And go shopping." I say as the boys give me unsure looks. "Nothing girly, I swear. That isn't me at all." They let out sighs if relief and chuckle. "Thought you'd know me better by now!" I laugh, playfully nudging them.

We spend the next couple of hours in the arcade - making sure not to miss a single game/machine. Before leaving, we take our slushies (and our prizes) into the photobooth and take a ridiculous amount pictures. You'd think we'd been best friends our whole lives. Damn, we look good.

With a few hours until most stores close, we decided to head to the mall around the corner from the arcade. As we pass the first few stalls and shops, I notice that Kenny is sitting alone on one of the benches. He looks like a lost puppy. The boys agree to check on him with me.

"Hey, Ken." Fulton greets him.

"Hi, guys." He says, clearly relieved to see someone he knows. "Have you seen Charlie and Luis?"

"Can't say we have, sorry." I answer, shooting him a sympathetic look as we sit with him. "Where'd you see 'em last?"

"We were in the food court. They started talking to some girls when I was in line for a churro. When I finally got one, they were gone. That was nearly an hour ago."

"Don't worry, little bash brother!" Dean puts his arm around Ken' s shoulder. "You can hang with us."

"Yeah, totally." Fulton agrees.

"Thanks, guys."

"Anytime, Kenny. Lucky for you, we were planning on grabbing some ice cream when we leave the mall." I update him on our plan.

With Kenny now in our group, we raid shops on each level. Like the rest of the day, I take plenty of photos to look back on. Of course, we each got new bandanas. By the time we leave, it's getting pretty dark out.

"We still getting ice cream?"

"Absolutely." Dean acts like a child, making us laugh at him.

"I like the new bandana, Y/N." Kenny comments.

"Yeah, purple suits you." Fulton compliments.

"You boys are sweet."

"Like the ice cream we about to get!" Portman has ice cream on the brain.

The 4 of us share stories from the fun filled day as we walk 10 minutes to a pastel ice cream parlour that we spotted hours earlier. We're about to reach the door when Portman quickly ushers us backwards. For a a second I'm confused - that is until I see Bombay with the Iceland lady.

"What's he doing with her?" Dean asks in disgust.

Disappointed, confused and angry, we watch as they walk down the street and turn the corner.

"Some coach we have." He remarks as he storms off.

"Wait, Dean, what about ice cream?" I call after him.

"I'll pay!" Kenny suggests, getting his attention.

"Fine, but only because we've been talking about it all day."

"We should head back to the dorms after we pay. It's getting late and we have a game tomorrow." Fulton reminds us.

"Definitely. I'm exhausted."

After taking some photos of us and our ice creams, we continue telling each other stories to distract us from Bombay's betrayal as we walk back to the dorms.

By the time we get back, our ice creams are gone and we're too tired to wait for Charlie and Luis to come back so we can grill them for leaving Ken. That'll be first thing tomorrow. We show off what we bought to Connie, Guy, Julie and Adam as well as exchanging details of our day before turning in for the night.

Overall, I can easily say it's been one of the best days of my life and one I'll never forget.