26. I Love You

26. I Love You
Danielle.
Silence.
Silence filled my home. It felt eerie. My home used to be filled with laughing, and squealing, and little footsteps. This evening, even though everyone is awake, it's just silent. I picked at my spaghetti and sauce, taking the occasion bite. But I'm not in the mood for eating. I just want to cry.
"How is your dinner?" I asked, looking up from my now-spaghetti-stained plate. "Good." Said Madison, taking another bite of spaghetti and slurping the loose noodles into her mouth. "How about you Max? Do you like it?" I asked, picking up my glass. "It's alright I guess." Max replied, as he created a big frown face with his noodles.
Madison has been feeling horrible all evening. She feels guilty for leaving. But I don't blame her. I'm not exactly a 'picture perfect' parent, like Liam might be. I feel the worst for Max. He is five years old and his heart has been broken so many times. I don't want to ruin the way he looks at people. He's going to have trouble trusting if our lives keep being difficult like this. He'll never be happy.
*
"I'm here for Madison Jane Peazer." Said a tall, beautiful, African-American woman as she stood in my doorframe. I nodded slowly, realizing there was no use in making a fuss and arguing with her. She's not the one who's taking Madison away from me. She's just doing her job.
"I'll, I'll go get her," I said quietly. "You can step inside, if you'd like." I added, as I made my way down to Madison's room. After dinner, Max, Madison and Megan all went to Madison's room to talk and pack her things. They didn't want any help from me.
I lightly tapped at the door, not wanting to disturb them. I placed my hand on the door-handle, and twisted it, pushing the door in. They were all sitting on Madison's bed, crying quietly. Megan probably has no idea what's going on right now.
"Promise you'll Facetime me and Megan, with Daddy, so we can see you and talk to you every night," Max said to Madison, as he passed her a small, clear, plastic bag. "What is this?" Asked Madison, accepting the bag. "I quickly wrote down thirty-one things I love about you, so every day you're gone you can look at them and know that I love and miss you." Max replied, sniffling. "Now promise you'll Facetime."
"I'll facetime you, Max. I swear and cross my heart and promise and everything. Do you think Daddy will have an iPad? Because I can't take our family iPad with me." Madison wondered aloud. "Yeah, he probably will. If he doesn't have one, he'll probably buy you one. I can already tell he loves you so much."
"Max he loves you too. Maybe he just wanted to see me first because he is mad at me and wants to yell at me or something." Madison shrugged. "Doubt it." Max mumbled. "I love you." Said Madison, smiling at her brother. Max made a crooked but sweet smile, "Love you too, sis."
"Madison," I quickly interrupted before I started crying, "A nice woman is here to take you to Daddy's house." Madison's small smile quickly faded, as the reality of the situation began sinking in. "Okay," Madison replied, sliding off her blanket-less bed.
"Love you Meg," Said Madison, walking around to the other side of the bed to hug her little sister. Megan grinned widely, and wrapped her arms around Madison. "Ahh oooh shoow." Said Megan, as Madison released her from the hug.
"Facetime us tonight, with Dad," Said Max, sliding off Madison's bed to give her one last hug and say goodbye. "I will, for sure, if he has an iPad." Said Madison, holding Max tightly. "Okay, c'mon." I motioned towards the door. I picked up a few of Madison's bags.
"I'm coming." Said Madison, following me out to the social-services woman. "My name is Jamie," Said the social-services woman, smiling brightly, "You must be Madison."
"I am." Madison nodded. I passed the two bags to Jamie, while Madison carried two bags by herself. "Just get your Dad to buy some things for you if you forgot them." I told Madison, ruffling her hair. She nodded. "Ready to go?" Asked Jamie, looking from Madison to me.
"Yup." Madison nodded. I nodded along with her. "I love you," I choked, realizing this could be the last time I see her until she's 18 and Liam let's her see me. "Love you too." Said Madison smiling up at me.
"Give me a hug," I said, bending down and wrapping my arms around her. "No matter what happens, Madison, know that I love you. You are my baby girl and you always will be. You are my princess. Max, Megan and I love you so, so much. I hope you have a good time with your Daddy. Be good, baby."
"I will." She nodded. I kissed the top of her head as I stood.
"Goodbye Mummy."
Liam.
I rushed around the house, frantically trying to get things ready for when social services brings Madison over. I need everything to be perfect. I don't know if Danielle already fed Madison dinner, or if I'm going to have to get something together. I don't know exactly what Madison is bringing over, so I'm not sure whether I need to get her some blankets and pillows or anything. I wish I'd had more time to prepare.
I put a stuffed-duckling on the bed that Madison will be using. I'm trying to make it look cute and kid-friendly in here. It used to be the guest room, but now it's going to be just for my baby-girl. I ran to the store and bought two barbies, a night-light and some Disney movies.
Danielle was kind-of right. I have no idea what Madison likes to do, or likes to play with. Hopefully she's easy-to-please, and isn't very picky. I'm really going to try to be a good Dad for her, because I don't want to lose her. I have 31 days to prove I'm a suitable father.
I do feel bad for taking Madison away from Danielle and the other kids. But I have rights. I've always wanted to be in the kids' lives, but Danielle never let me. So I gave up. No point in using all my time and energy to try and convince Danielle to let me see the kids- when she couldn't be convinced.
I'm also upset that I don't get to have Max and Megan as well as Madison. But Tony told me there was no way in hell that I'd get to keep Max and Meg. I had to go for Madison, because she was my best chance at having a relationship with one of my kids.
I um, also may have done something that's not fair.
I bribed Judge Abrams to grant me custody of Madison. He refused to grant me full custody, and that's how we agreed on the thirty-day trial period. I only agreed to this 'trial-period' thing, because I know I'm going to do well, and Madison is going to love living with me.
The front door knocked, interrupting my train of thought. I instantly became nervous as I headed towards the door. Taking a deep breath, I pulled it open.
I'm not gonna lie.
When my eyes finally met my beautiful daughter, I wanted to hug her, and never let her go.
I finally have a chance to do things right.

Hope you like the update! Sorry its short.
QOTD: Is there anyone who's on Liam's side? Chapter rating, and random feedback?
-A xo