12. Clubbing

12. Clubbing

Danielle.

I arrived home late that night after the rehearsals. Zayn brought Halle, Max, Madison and Megan over to our house so they can go to bed in their real beds. I should be paying this man for taking care of my babies. I walked inside, and kicked off my converse. Zayn was sitting on the sofa with Halle in his arms, both asleep.

I put my keys and my purse down, and walked over to the pair. "Zayn?" I quietly asked, nudging his shoulder. His eyes opened, as he took a long, deep, breath. "Hi Danielle," He mumbled, clearing his throat. "Were they good?" I asked. "As always." Zayn replied, sitting up. Halle shuffled around, but didn't wake up. "You can go home now," I told Zayn, "It's about 10pm I think. Rehearsals went late today."

"Okay," He said in a mono-tone voice, as he stood up. He carefully held Halle so that she wouldn't wake up and create a scene. I opened the door for Zayn while he slipped his shoes on, and picked up his keys along with Halle's diaper bag. "See you tomorrow," I said as Zayn left the apartment. "Yup," Zayn yawned, as he dragged himself down to the elevator. I closed the door behind him, and locked it.

It was so tiring at dance today. Between all the dances, worrying about Billy & Jake, being tired, getting a cold and Olivia drama... I'm pooped.

I yawned, as I slugged into the kitchen. I pulled the stainless-steel refrigerator open and grabbed the carton of orange juice. I twisted off the lid, and lifted it to my lips. I chugged about three cups of juice down my throat. I put the juice down on the counter, and took a deep breath. I need a night out.

I left the juice on the counter while I walked to the couch and sloppily sat down. My head hurts. My legs hurt. My feet are cramped. I slowly let myself lay down, head landing on a white cushion. I hope Micah and Billy are doing okay. They police said they'd contact me if they caught their Father.

I closed my eyes. I'm not going to bother going to my bed. I'm too lazy for that. I'm just going to sleep on the couch. I yanked the light blue throw blanket off the back of the couch, and lay it over my body. I was about to fall asleep when my cell phone began to ring. I internally groaned in aggravation.

I lifted my butt off the couch, and pulled my ringing iPhone out of my back pocket. I let my butt fall back onto the sofa, as I answered the ringing phone. "Hello?" I asked, trying to sound awake. "Hey," Said Eleanor, sounding as if it was a beautiful, cheery Saturday afternoon.

"What do you want?" I asked, immediately feeling guilty after I said it for sounding so rude. "Did I wake you?" Eleanor asked, voice filled with regret that she woke me. "Yes," I replied, sitting up and leaning my head over the back of the couch. "I was just wanting to know if you wanted to get the kids together for a play-date sometime soon?" Eleanor suggested, "They haven't seen each other in awhile."

''I guess." I sighed in response. "Actually, probably not anytime soon. I've been doing tons of rehearsals for X-Factor like- every day from 6/7am to 10pm. I won't be able to squeeze in a play-date." I changed my answer. "C'mon! I'm sure you could manage something," Eleanor half-begged, half-suggested.

"Sorry El, I just don't think it's gonna happen." I told her. "Damn you for being a good and well-known dancer." She mumbled. "Sorry. Maybe once things start settling down." I shrugged.

After a few moments of silence, she spoke up. "Danielleeee," She dragged out, "You've been working yourself too hard, these past few weeks. Max and Mads with school, X-Factor, and Megan's heath problems," Eleanor said, sounding like a protective mother, "You need to get out and do something fun."

"I really can't," I sighed, letting myself fall back into my pillow. "Why?" Eleanor pried. "Because. I need to work and dance to make money to provide for the kids. I don't have help for my kids. I also don't have the income from a loving boyfriend like you do." I snapped, head beginning to pound.