Quite a Party

"Alex, have you seen Leo?" Brittany asked as Alex passed the nurse's station.

"No, I've been with Emma and Kara all day," Alex said, her face growing in concern, as she took in the situation.

"Well, maybe Dash knows something." She said, her face growing suspicious. Alex followed Brittany's eyes, landing on a very suspicious looking Dash.

"Hey, Dash."

He whirled around to see Brittany staring at him. He relaxed. "Oh. Hey Brittany."

"Dash. I'm going to ask you a simple question, and you will give me the answer." She exhaled, when he didn't put up a fight. "Nurse Jackson is looking for Leo, and I know you know where he is."

"I do."

"Oh," Brittany said, clearly surprised he didn't put up more of a fight. "Well, I'm going to get Nurse Jackson, and you're gonna tell her."

"I have a better idea."

————————————

The frat house shook with the loud, blasting music, turned up to be heard over the shouts and laughter of the partyers. The cramped hallways filled with sweaty, barely clothed people, and was littered with red solo cups. The trio walked in single file, trying to find Leo in the maze of drunkards.

Everyone's attention was on Brittany, and the guys stared at her hungrily.  Alex and Dash tried to get the whole thing over with in as little time as possible, but it was hard with the people straining to get look at the "stripper", and being as drunk as they were, nobody was able to hold a coherent conversation.

After struggling for a few minutes, Alex found Dash and Brittany. "Block the exits," she whispered and ran to a table, stood up on it, and yelled, "POLICE!" Everyone froze. "Okay, I just need you guys to answer one question, and I won't call the police on this party," Alex said in a loud, clear voice. "Does anyone know where Leo Roth is?"

She stared at empty faces. "Someone must have seen him, He's about this tall," she said, gesturing with her hand, "he was wearing a flannel, khaki pants, a black beanie?"

She was stared at with blank faces. "Nobody knows? Well, you better start asking around, cuz you're running out of time to save your party." She pressed two buttons on her phone, and showed it to the crowd,  The white nine and one standing out on the black background.

Everyone suddenly came to life. They started fidgeting and whispering.

A moment later, when Alex still hadn't gotten a response, she began scanning the crowd. Her eyes fell on a tall blonde, her green eyes red-rimmed from crying. She was staring at Alex, her expression hard. Bingo. Alex walked over to her. "Where is he." She said, her voice hard. The blonde continued to stare at her, with anger and hurt deep in her eyes.

"Where is he!?"She yelled.

"Umm.. uh.."

"Talk faster! He could be dying!"

She looked at the girl, her face hardened with anger. "He'd be better off that way." the blonde said, her eyes full of hatred.

"I didn't ask your opinion of him, I asked where he is!"

"He's upstairs, third door on the right, gosh."

"Thank you."

She turned and took the stairs two at a time, with Dash and Brittany behind her, leaving the very confused party guests below them.

"Leo." Alex said, out of breath. He looked up at her from the floor, his eyes full of tears.

Alex smiled, full of relief.  Brittany and Dash ran in, Brittany holding crutches.

"Dash. Grab his left side," Brittany said, and Dash sprang into action. Together, they lifted Leo, and walked him out the door. Alex followed, the four of them left the crazy party, and crossed the street to the hospital.