Something Wrong Part 1

Leo finished his P.T. and went to the room where Emma's weigh-ins take place. To his disappointment, Emma wasn't there. He had been dying to know what she was going to say before Dash walked in on them to tell them about Jordi. He didn't dare try to fill in the blank for her, knowing he'd just get his hopes up only to have them go crashing down when she told him she didn't care about him. Brittany was finishing up with by the scale, so Leo went to ask her if she knew where Emma was. 

"Hey, Brittany," 

"Oh, hi," she answered, without the usual extreme perkiness.

"Uh... is something wrong?" Leo asked, concerned with her lack of enthusiasm.

"Oh, nothing much, it's just that...well, I'm not supposed to tell you,"

"What? What aren't you supposed to tell me?" Leo asked, eagerly. She made the rookie mistake, and now Leo wasn't giving up. 

"Leo," Brittany said, sighing, "You know I can't talk to you about another patient's condition," she said sadly. "Besides, even if we're friends, I don't want anyone mad at me..." 

Oh. The one thing about Brittany is that she really wants people to like her. Especially Nurse Jackson, who doesn't like anybody, and Dr. McAndrew. Especially Dr. McAndrew. 

"C'mon. Tell me, please?" Leo asked, inserting the right amount of charm into his smile. 

She sighed in defeat. "Fine. But you can't tell anyone," She added quickly. 

Leo did a victory dance on the inside. "Yeah, yeah. I promise," he answered, quickly. 

"Okay, well, it's just..."Brittany began. 

Oh, just spit it out, Leo thought.  

"I'm worried about Emma," Brittany said in a rush.

Leo felt his stomach drop to his feet. "What?"

Brittany took in his expression. "Umm, are you okay?"

"What's wrong with Emma?" He practically screamed.

"Oh, it's just that, well, she's not getting better at all. In fact, she's getting worse. If she gets any worse, she could have some serious long-term issues-"

"Where is she?" Leo asked suddenly, not letting her finish. Not wanting her to finish. He tried to reign his imagination in, which had immediately run wild with all the possibilities of "long-term issues". He shook the images of a lifeless skeleton of Emma hooked up to tons of IVs from his mind, trying to stay calm. 

"Umm,"

"Where is she?!"

"I think she went back to her room..."Brittany answered, confused and somewhat surprised. 

Leo turned at that and set off to Emma's room, throwing a 'thank you'over his shoulder to Brittany, who went back to frowning over her charts.