✗ prologue ✗

prologue

It took almost two weeks for everything to die down. Almost immediately after Christmas and New Year, I was swept into the rush of the second semester. I still hadn't been able to ask why my boyfriend, Samuel hadn't visited for a while now.

I understood he's busy with his extra-curricular and being the mvp at school, but before he could still call me even at night.

For the past few days, there had been nothing from him, let alone a single text message.

So here I am in front of their house and before I could knock on the door, Samantha yanked it open and pulled me inside then grab me for a hug.

"I haven't seen you in forever!", she said and when she pulled away, their parents were on the living room too.

Samuel is noticeably absent though.

"Do we get to know why you haven't been here for a week now?", Mrs. Liverpool said, nodding to her husband, who just shrugged in return.

"Samuel hasn't been contacting me since New Year", I said, grimacing.

It wasn't that I don't want to talk to them or anything like that, I just want to figure out what their son was up to since the year started. I had seen him in school and he had been avoiding me slightly, lately, so I wanted to confront him about it.

Did I do something wrong?

Weren't we just fine and kissing under the fireworks at New Year?

Wasn't he the one to promise we'll be together until the wedding bells in the future?

"Why? Is there problem between the two of you?", Samantha questioned, looking at me curiously.

"That's why I'm here to talk to him about it", I replied, "It's just bothering me that he's been ghosting me for a week and a half now"

Samantha sighed, "He's upstairs in his room", she told me and let me walk up to the stairs.

I climbed up to the second floor slowly, trying to decide what to say. I arrived at his door sooner than I wanted. I began to smile before I pushed open the door, then immediately froze at what I saw.

Samuel and my friend, Ari on the bed with their lips fused together.

I know what you're thinking; she kissed him and I walked in at the wrong moment and then after, I should I let him explain. If that had been the case though, Samuel would've pulled away the moment he saw me standing at the doorway.

He didn't.

You must've suggested or even shouted at me to go insane and pulled on my friend's hair, but I have too much respect on his parents, so I didn't and instead I slowly backed out of the room.

I sped down the stairs, blinking back the tears that threatened to spill out of my eyes.

"Done already?", Samantha asked as I reached her, "Woah, wait, what happened?", she asked when she saw my expression.

I shook my head, not wanting to explain, "Ask your brother", I told her bitterly, "Why is Ari here?", the question came out before I could stop it, "Why did you not tell me?"

Samantha's eyes widened then narrowed slightly, "She said she came to help your case. That's all I know"

"Oh yes, she came to help me by shoving her tounge down my boyfriend's throat", I immediately felt pathetic after saying that.

I mean, yeah, I know Ari has always been a boy chaser, but I thought she respected me enough to come for my boyfriend. I didn't want to blame her, but I can't stop being mad either.