✗ twenty five ✗

⚊ chapter twenty five

The following Saturday morning, I went downstairs to see my brother in the dining room, drinking coffee while reading scripts in front of him in the table.

"Good morning, pretty boy", I greeted as I head for the counter.

He removed his scrips in front of him, "Good morning, pretty girl who have some explaining to do"

I continued towards the counter. When I sat on the stool, it's to see my mom at the stove, already preparing something to cook. It's a bit rare to see them in a weekend like this.

Usually they were out in some shooting's location.

"Good morning mom", I said as I walked next for the fridge and poured myself a glass of milk.

"Good morning my daughter who will tell us many things about this Park Jay", she said.

I walked over to the counter and sat back on a stool, preparing myself for interoggation, "What's for breakfast?", I asked.

"The usual", she said, placing a plate of eggs and toast in front of me.

"By the way, I have to go out with Jay today", I revealed, not looking to where my brother is gazing at me.

Mom lifted her eyebrows at me and smiled knowingly, "Oh right, the boyfriend you never told us", she stated.

I haven't told her or my brother about Jay being my boyfriend because I didn't want to lie to them. I wasn't sure about Jay before, I thought it would all be fake but maybe now that he promised to them he'll court me properly, I can be open about him to them.

I returned my mom's smile and nodded my head in confirmation.

"He seems like such a nice guy. It was sad to let him leave", she acknowledged.

"A nice guy we haven't meet properly yet", my brother said as he joins the conversation.

Mom wiped her hands on her apron and shoot Eunwoo a look, "Oh come on, Woo, the guy looks genuine enough and he was very nice to face us in the first meeting even if it was accidental"

"Yeah, but I'd still like to talk to him one-on-one. I still remember what Samuel did", my brother reminded her.

I turned to face him and gave him a reassuring smile, "Thanks bro, but you don't have to worry about Jay. In fact, he protected me from Sam yesterday. He went ballistic and all, and he was there to grab me away from him", I said with conviction.

Considering that everything went too fast, I knew without a doubt in that moment, with Jay, that I won't get hurt.

"Well, that's good but I still want to meet him. You can invite him for dinner once I'm not busy these days", my brother said seriously, leaving no room for argument.

"Okay I will tell him later", I agreed. He smiled in satisfaction.

Just then a car horn sounded outside, it caused for the smile in Eunwoo's face to drop. His eyes were on me, as if daring me to not move and get up from my seat.

I got up from the stool I was sitting at and went to put my plate in front of him, "Eat well, my lovely bro"

I took up my sling bag from the rack in the wall near the living's room doorway and dashed from the kitchen, knowing he'll stop me from getting out of the house at the thought of Jay.

"Get back here, Cha Eunjoo!", I heard him shout and it doesn't sound quite scary to me.

He's too nice and an angel for me to be scared about.