✗ eight ✗

chapter eight

As instructed by my mother, I only hang out with my friends the next day. She believed I would be seeing the boyfriend she was upset about by me not introducing him to her.

In her words, Samuel isn't welcome anymore in the house, but that doesn't mean she have to lash out on his family too. She'll have to pretend that he didn't exist anymore.

However, even if the break up is too quick and me having a new boyfriend too, she said she wouldn't judge me for it.

Only that I've done a mistake by trying to hide him from her. How can I explan to her I basically kissed Jay into my life?

"I'm hungry", Isa whines for the hundredth time.

I understand her, feeling hungry too. We have been spending the whole day following Yoon in shopping for tigers stuff toy and now she have to pay for our lunch wherever we wanted to eat.

It just sucks the sushi restaurant we love is too popular, we have to stand in line outside the entrance.

"Just ten more people and we'll be inside", Yoon says. It would be nice hearing that if she hadn't said it twenty minutes ago.

The line was barely moving and some customers had already grumbled and left.

"Shit. Don't turn around", Isa whispers to me and of course, when you said that to a person, they'll do the very opposite, "It's Samuel, he's coming towards us"

I was just hungry up until now. I can be hungry and murderous at the mention of that asshole.

"Eunjoo", I heard someone calls to me and I look up to see Samuel, "I knew it was you in one glance", he says, smiling.

It's so cruel to me that my anger is fading because of that smile, I missed it. Jay might be more handsome, but this is still the boy I've given my everything to. Not the V-card though, it could be the reason why he cheated.

"What do you want?", I asked sharply.

He stops smiling, "Eunjoo, I know I hurted you deeply, but I'm hoping we could still be friends"

"I have my friends", I say, pointing to my left and right at Isa and Yoon, "I don't need someone like you"

He says, "Okay, I get it. You still do not want to talk to me. I'm sorry. I'll see you again", he sadly says and walks away.

"The nerve of that boy", Isa says from beside me and Yoon agrees.

"He had that nerve to appear like he's the victim", Yoon commented.

I can't believe it too, he just walks up to me like we're some good old friends, like we haven't seen each other awhile after what he did. He also tried that smile, the smile he knew could make me melt down to my knees.

He must've gotten delusional since we broke up.

I smiled at the girl behind the counter and pick the three giant of ice cream before paying for it with my card. I come back to the table and waved my plastic spoon at my friends.

"Let's dig in"

We're at an ice cream shop now after we got tired of waiting too long at the sushi place. As my friends and I head for the exit, opting to eat at the coolness of my car, I hear a male voice call for my name.

When I turned around, I look up to see Jaehyuk, Park Jay's older cousin.

"Stocking up on sweets because of stress?", he says, "It must be stressing to deal with my cousin then"

I smiled politely, "Nope, it's about someone else"

He shows me a bag filled of ice cream tabs, "I'm here to buy some for the office. So how's everything between you and Jay?"

"Good. It's all good", I say, sounding like a bad liar.

I don't know if it's because he's older or a professional now, but Jaehyuk has this intimidating aura in spite of his kind appearance. Or I just watched too many crime documentaries to think he can see through me.

"Great", he says, smiling, "Will we see you on next Saturday then?"

"Saturday?", I asked, straightening at the unknown question.

"Yes, we will go onto a day trip in one of our resorts. My aunt told Jay to invite you. He didn't say anything?", he questions.

"He must've forgotten. We had a bit of a fight yesterday so yes, maybe he's still sulking about it", I say convincingly.

Even though I don't know what Jay is like, I bet he forgot or either don't care to invite me, which is more good for my sanity to stay intact.

"Right", Jaehyuk says, nodding, "It's a good thing I caught you then. His mother can't stop talking about you by the way, so she'll be happy to see you that day"

"Oh, uh, I won't be able to come. I got to help my brother with his job. Thanks for the invitation though", I lied.

He nods, smiling, "I guessed right, huh?", he says, confusing me, "Can I talk to you alone for a second?"

"We'll wait in the car", Isa says before she leaves with Yoon towards my car. I'm beginning to worry.

Why did he want to talk to me alone?

"What is it?", I ask Jaehyuk.

"I know you're really not dating Jay", he says and I feel like a criminal being caught in the spot of a crime scene, "I know why Jay is doing this, but I don't know why you're going along with the plan. And I don't need to know either, so long as it can help my cousin get along with my Uncle"

"What are you going on about, Sir?", I asked meekly.

"I wanted you to do something for me", he smiles like a parent who had just told a child that something's wrong.

"To what?", I answered quietly.

"I wanted you to keep pretending with Jay and let's see if he'll turn to fall for you in the end", he says, almost chuckling to himself, "So see you on Saturday then"

I nod my head out of respect to him for being Jay's family. He smiles again and leaves the shop while I probably look like a marble statue there.

Oh dear, what kind of family were now blackmailing to do something for them? Will there be more kisses to come?

I didn't have the answer to it, but doesn't need to when I received a message from the guy himself.

Make sure your next Saturday is free. We're going to the beach and my family will be there.

Don't dare to hide fron me again, I can always just ask your friend for your address.

Park Jay

⚊ next chapter