✗ five ✗

chapter five

The awaited meeting with the kiss stealer arrived and I hesitated once more in stepping towards her if not for my friends pushing me to get a move in front of the girl I thought I'd seen the last of.

When I finally started walking towards her, she spoke, "We don't need to talk"

She nervously shifts on her feet as she was push out of the back of the pick up car. It reminds me of the time she first kissed me.

She seemed very nervous at that time, too. Instinctively, my eyes go to her shaking lips. It was a short kiss, what we had between us and I barely even felt it.

But from whatever I remember that day, I knew those lips were very soft to the feel.

I pull up my eyes back to her, "I'm sorry", she started, "I knew what I did was wrong. I'm really sorry for putting you in that problem"

"Why did you do it? Why me?", I asked and I could hear Ni-ki snickering behind me.

She nervously looks between her friends and mine, two of them which had fooled us they didn't know Eunjoo.

That day, after making that Isa took down her post about the kiss, my friends and I asked around the other students in their school.

Once a group of girls passed by us, Heeseung asked them if they know the girl in the photo and they immediately recognized Cha Eunjoo. They told us she was in there with her friends in the pick up car.

When they pointed us to where that Isa and the other girls hang out, I knew we were played.

It didn't take long then for Heeseung to find out a little more about Eunjoo. We learned she had a baseball match today and decided to catch her there on the spot.

"It's a revenge", she says, not looking me in the eyes, "We did it to make my ex jealous"

"So you go around kissing strangers because of that stupid guy?", I demanded.

She keeps her gaze down her shoes. I get the urge to hold her chin and make her looks up to me. It looks like she was more confident in kissing me that day than now.

"I'm sorry", she repeats weakly.

"Sorry won't do. I think we should face each other again in the court", I say, even though it's not true.

She looks up at me, eyes wide in shock, "What? No!", she says in exclamation, "I'm really sorry, okay? Please don't settle this with a lawyer. I have no money and I'm too young for jail"

"That's not enough for me", I replied, smirking at her reaction.

"Please, don't. I'll do whatever you want, just don't bring me in the court", she pleads.

There are those magic words finally, "What you did caused me a lot of problems. It wouldn't matter at my school, not until my parents found out and now thinks I've a girlfriend"

She looks back down on her feet. This time, I do give in more to my urge and lift her chin up before I stated, "You shoul do something about it"

She moves her face away from my hand, "Do you want me to go with you and tell your family the truth?"

I shake my head, "They won't believe you especially my crazy mother", I explained, "On the contrary, I need you to keep her happy so you have to go with me either way"

She looks at me in confusion.

"I need you to act like my girlfriend in the coming dinner this Saturday", I say and she shook her head, "If you don't, I have no choice but to send the CCTV footage I've gotten from the mall. I could get you in the court for sexual harassment"

It was, of course, a lie. I have to make up everything in order for her to agree.

She bites her lower lips nervously and look back to her friends. They nodded at her. She turns back to me with a doubtful expression.

"Okay", she meekly says, "I'll do whatever you say. And then after, we're done with each other"

I raised my eyebrows, "I don't think we'll be finish with each other just like that. If you must know, you did not only stole my kiss, but it was my first kiss for real"

She looks away and took a step back. I resist a smile. I didn't speak a work again, just staring for now.

I remained silent, staring at the girl in front of me, awed by just how nervous she was in my presence. She's pretty, I would admit that, it reminds me of this one rookie rising actor - the one who starred from True Beauty, was he named Cha Eunwoo?

She turned, preparing to leave and I followed each of her step anyway. Just as she reached for her friends, I reached to catch her hand. Startled, she looked at me in surprise, expecting me to let go.

I didn't.

My hold on her hand remained soft, barely there, but still there. I ducked my head, just enough to hold her eyes, "Why did you really kiss me? Was it really just a revenge for an ex?"

"Yes", she said honestly, I should've withdrawn my hand, but I didn't quite want to, "Well, it was out of my comfort zone and you were the first handsome guy we saw in the mall"

"You find me handsome?", I asked, smirking.

"Yes", she acknowledged, watching as a smile bloomed in my face, "But there's nothing to it, I swear. For me, I just kissed a stranger and that's it"

"Oh really?", my smile widened, becoming toothier and it was mischievous, "What if I kiss you again this time? Would it still be nothing?"

The words were on the tip of my tounge - I'm about to say I was just messing with her when a big-eyed girl appeared in her side suddenly, making me step away quickly from her.

"Eunjoo, the second round is starting.. Your coach is calling for you now!", she called out, looking a little frazzled as she approached Eunjoo who finally stepped away from me.

She turned to listened to her just as that Isa headed for me with a piece of paper in her hand. She grabs my hand and put it down in my open palm.

"It's her number, by the way. You're welcome, Park Jay", she says then following the other six girls as they run for their school's sports field.

I slipped in back to my car whilst watching her running back to her baseball match as I started to draw out of the lot.

It was funny how one stolen kiss could change everything in my life.

next chapter

⚊ next chapter