✗ ten ✗

chapter ten

When they said we'll go to simply attend a small family gathering, I thought about the normal stuff like preparing a food before going to the beach and you know, the males being in charge of the grills while the females is on the task of drinks and sauces in the long table.

I didn't ever imagine it would be me joining the Park family on a yacht and there is a fancy meals with waiters serving us, all ready if you call to them. All the foods were even cooked by a fancy chef over the kitchen room.

Just how rich is Jay's family? And how the hell did they feel to welcome me when I don't belong to their flock?

"How long are you going to keep me waiting after your highschool?", Junseo asks to Jay.

From the past ten minutes after the first course of lunch, I learned that Mr. Park wanted his son to get the course of Entrepreneur in college and Jay loves to explore in fashion designing.

What his cousin, Jaehyuk, told me the other day comes into mind, about how he wanted the father and son to get along. This is what he must've been talking about.

"I'm still in the middle of my last year in highschool, dad. College can wait. You don't have to push it now to me", Jay says, sounding annoyed at his dad.

Junseo sighs from across the two of us in the table. I'm surprised at how calm Jay even though their conversation had caused some tension to us, clearly to his mother. It seems like he's used to this kind of situations.

But then again, I'm beginning no one in this family was happy to anyone's independent choices.

"What about you, Eunjoo?", Junseo turns to me, "How do you feel about my son ignoring the importance of his future?"

Nothing. I feel absolutely nothing because there's nothing between us, Mr. Park.

"It's nice to hear you're reminding him of it, Junseo, but he always looks like he's considering it too, seeing that his grades were above average", I said, glad that I heard from Sumin on how Jay is also one of the top students in his school.

I don't even know a lot about him and yet, we were here playing pretend in front of his dad.

Junseo nods thoughtfully at my answer, "In that case, maybe you're also helping as one of his motivations to do better"

"I didn't think it was that, Uncle", I denied to that shyly, waving my hand in front of me.

He smiled, "I took noticed of it since Jay was revealed to have a girlfriend, he's becoming more focus to his studies"

It wasn't me who just looked surprised at his bright reaction and that surprises me even more at how Jay actually have his features more than his mom. I wondered whether it would be cute or not to see them joking around, not seeming like one would jump at one another to stop the tension.

"I didn't realized I have that effect on him", I tell him confidently, ignoring Jay's presence beside me.

See Samuel? I made a very fine girlfriend and you didn't see that kind of worth over that Ari.

After the conversation with him, Jay's mom happily asked for Jay to take me out on a solo small boat. The way they all act like they've never met a girl before just told me the story, Jay must not have done it a lot to their family.

As Jay paddles and I'm quietly caressing my fingers down the water, he asked, "What did you do that my dad keeps thinking you're a positive addition to my life?"

"The question is what did you do that he keeps thinking good about me? The way your parents acting, it's as if you never introduce any girl to them", I pointed out and enjoyed the ray of the sun against my face.