✗ fifteen ✗

⚊ chapter fifteen

This ex of hers is handsome too, I have to give her that. He looks mixed, between caucasian and korean. He also looks the type to make himself good in clothes, an eye-catching guy for those who he passes by.

"Sam...", she says, looking at him, surprised. It's as if she suddenly forgot I was there.

Except for him. He looks between the two of us, to the hand I had on her arm and I can immediately say he doesn't like the look of me and the reason is that, he gazes at me in recognition.

He must've known who I am by now.

"Hey Eunjoo", he says to her, "Can I have a second? I need to talk to you. Please"

"For the last time, there's nothing to talk about, Sam", she says and starts to walks away without me when he grabs her hand.

"Please, Eunjoo", he pleads. I felt like an unwilling audience here.

"Let her go. She doesn't want to talk to you", I tell him, now interfering and pulled her hand away from his.

He gives me a sneer, "This is between me and her. Who are you anyway?"

"I'm her boyfriend, so you should stay away from her"

He smirks, "Is that so? What if I tell you she's just using you to get back at me?"

My heart stops beating for a second. I knew that truth. We were both using each other, but it sting if you heard it from another person.

"You're just a damn rebound, and that's it. She'll return to me in no time"

The way he look so smug didn't sit well with me, I grab his collar and made him meet my face, "I'm not a damn rebound"

Before he could reply, my friends appear next to me with Heesung pulling me away and Jake removing him in my sight, but he was about to go at me when Sunghoon placed himself between the two of us.

"Take that back -"

"Stop it please. Don't cause trouble here", she says to me and I was offended. I didn't start it.

She turns to the ex, "I've nothing to talk to you, Sam. And don't you dare involve him in this. Leave us alone"

He doesn't leave, making me want to punch his gut but the last laugh was on me when Eunjoo took my side. I take her hand and leave the place, the other signalling my friends to do something.

When he tried to follow us, they were there to quickly block him and prevented him from coming closer.

I take her to the other side of the fair, the farthest away from the stalls for privacy.

"Are you okay?", I asked, seeing the troubled look in her face.

"That's my ex", she sighs, and I knew she's affected.

That doesn't surprise me, and it still makes me stupid. Of course, she's still affected and that's her reason enough to kiss me in the mall. For some reason, I'm upset that she wasn't over him.

Then what am I to her?

"You kissed me because of him?", I asked, and I can't help myself from being disappointed.

"I didn't mean it. It worked, but now I'm regretting it. I'm sorry, Jay, I pulled you into this mess", she says, her voice weak.

I have a feeling she's about to cry because of that bastard, so I'm almost reaching for her when she spoke.

"He visited me last time and asking me to get back together, but I didn't say yes. He even tried to kiss me, and I hate him for it"

"What about me? Won't you take responsibility of what's between us?", I asked without a care about her topic, her ex.