Chapter 6: Cat Problems

"Waahoo!"

It's been days since his rekindled relationship. Spider-man howls happily in the skies midair as he swings around the dimly lit streets of Manhattan on his nightly patrol with glee after the events that have transpired, courtesy of his cool friends Bobby and Kitty.

"Oh man, to think that Liz was willing to accept me again AND keep my secret in one day, how wicked is tha—whoa ugh!" Spider-man grunted as he was slammed to a nearby building by some metal mechanized talons that belonged to the Vulture, now donning a new light-greenish armored suit and wings.

"Long time no see, Spider-man!" Vulture screamed before flying up high with him in his grasp. "Like my upgrades? A gift from my benefactor of course!"

"First Beetle, then Scorpion, then Molten Man, and now you too? I so need to give myself a powerup," Spider-man sighed in frustration before shooting a web towards a building and reels the both of them to crash into the building, painfully. "Ugh, didn't get to break my fall."

As the two of them get back up on their feet, Vulture flings shrapnel feathers at Spider-man, only to miss and hit the walls because of his quick reflexes and his Spider Sense's foresight.

"W-w-wait, you can shoot your feathers now!?" Spider-man exclaimed in shock. "That's freaking amazing! The Dart Olympics could give you a medal!"

"Yes! A great gift that's really made for destroying you!" Vulture roared as he lunges over to Spider-man, giving him the chance to get over his flight pack before leaving the building with him and fly high into the air. "Raaagh! Get off me!"

The two of them carelessly fly around Manhattan while avoiding collisions with nearby buildings and struggling hard to keep themselves in midair.

"Get off me!" Vulture barked while struggling to keep his balance because of Spider-man being his passenger.

"Let's talk this out elsewhere then," Spider-man quipped as he blinds Vulture with webs over his eyes, causing him to struggle flying blind that he has to let the Wall-crawler guide him around, only to make him crash into a nearby rooftop and destroy his new wings while rendering him unconscious upon impact.

"Oookay, good talk then," Spider-man quipped, safe on his feet over a ledge. "Please tell your employer that I'd work for the cool new upgrades."

After proceeding to web the unconscious Vulture onto a billboard and getting the police's attention, his Spider-Sense was triggered again, which prompted him to duck below from what was going to hit him before looking back to see the seductive burglar Black Cat with a slightly menacing look on her face.

"Cat!?" Spider-man responded hysterically. "W-what are you doing here!?"

Without answering him, she just lunges off the metal chimney and tries to land a jab at his face or a kick to his gut, missing each and every time as she appears to be blinded by anger and matchless against his superhuman reflexes.

"Cat! What's gotten into you!?" Spider-man asked hysterically, dodging a punch-kick combo before climbing onto a water tank. "Whoa whoa! Easy on the suit!"

"Oh, you really want to know what's gotten into me?" Black Cat hissed with an angry tone and an aggressive fighting stance with her retractable claws open.

"Umm, maybe? Yipe!" Spider-man squeamishly asked before dodging her midair kick and landing onto a higher ledge. "Look, just please tell me your problem! I am no mind-reader!"

"Oh yeah? Then what if I say..." Black Cat trailed off before swiping Spider-man's feet off the ground and landing on top of him with her retractable claws close to his face and under his chin. "...the problem is you. What will you do?"