Season 4 Chapter 12: Great Power

"Well well well, still neat and tidy, just like I left it...!"

So excited to start his first day as an assistant counselor of his superior, Dr. Ashley Kafka, Eddie quickly made his move to the FEAST building on his own in the middle of the morning, even though the counseling sessions were scheduled to start somewhere in the afternoon. Thankfully, he is allowed to enter as he was completely recognized by some of the stern wardens and humble residents staying in the building. After going up the stairs of nostalgia to the higher well-maintained apartment floors, he pauses by the stairs as he notices a familiar plate numbered door near the stairwell. Fortunately, it is still vacant and empty, just like the day when he started going to ESU for college— until many unthinkable and tragic things have transpired, especially from the one and only person who he once called "brother".

"...Good ol' times back in the day. Sure feels strange trying to be alone now... especially after meeting a gal like the doc...!" Eddie chuckled out loud while reclining across his old bed, blankly staring up at the rusty metal ceiling like the old days when he first stayed in FEAST. 'But... now that I think about it. I think I should try something else. Gotta be more proactive and probably find more jobs. Maybe then, I can be a better guy choice!"

'...at?!'

Suddenly, some muttering was faintly heard echoing in his room. After a moment shrugging it off, thinking that he's just hearing things in a nostalgic state...

'Why can't you mooks just do your job without drawing any more attention!?'

"What in the...!?"

After realizing that he wasn't just hearing things, he goes around the room, searching to see where the faint voice is coming from until stops next to a wall with plumbing pipes connected behind it. The voice was barely heard from the vibrating pipelines connected near his room that it curiously lets him move a little closer to eavesdrop better.

'Listen, flat top! If your boys knew that company would be waitin', we coulda been doing smooth if we weren't goin' out there blind!' 

'Not my problem that you mooks failed on your own! I'm just assigning the easiest jobs for you all to do!' 

"Okay, now that does sound suspicious," Eddie thought out loud, skeptical of the charitable facility that he once called home.

He quickly leaves his room, trying to narrowly follow the echoing voices trailing up the pipelines that leads Eddie down to the dark decrepit basement floors, where the storage areas were told to be usually located. However, what he stumbled upon inside the basement was a very vacant and empty space, which makes its serving purpose oddly ironic. In the room that's only littered with a couple of empty crates and barrels, he hears the voice coming out from a rickety old steel door. Judging from how rusty and dilapidated the suspicious entrance was, this dangerous charade must've taken years of effort to hide in plain sight beneath an innocent-looking organization for the needy. Quite miraculous that no one noticed it—unless they're apparently in cahoots as well.

'Bet Pete would say something like, "into the lion's den",' Eddie thought to himself as he snuck inside through the entrance.

The entrance trails down a dimly lit underground tunnel with exposed steamy pipelines that stretch to who knows where and several rooms that are strangely guarded by a pair of men wearing freaky-looking black masks that might be of Asian origin, some armed with assault rifles and others with normal batons and blunt weapons. 'Okay, this is totally freaky to the highest degree. How did all this get down here!? Who are these guys!?'

One of the demon-faced henchmen quickly turned to barely notice his presence behind a crate and went to check with a baton in hand, only to be caught into a tight headlock and was unable to match with Eddie's heavyweight strength as a former athlete and host of an alien symbiote, slowly losing his consciousness in his strong grasp without being able to let out a yelp for help.

Spider-Man and His Spectacular Friendsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें