Chapter 12: Reconciliations and Farewells

'Eddie...'

'You...!'

'Eddie Brock.'

Within the conscious mind of Eddie Brock, the Venom ooze comes again to haunt him after the long time they've been separated by the Wall-crawler.

'Wait, you seem different, what happened to you!?' Eddie hysterically demanded.

'We have been starved and tortured like lab rats by animals in human flesh, Eddie Brock. However, what they do not realize is how I am still intact,' Venom replied.

'What exactly did they do to you...!?' Eddie asked.

'Doing something way bad. They will use me and our offspring as living weapons that will do their very bidding. Unfortunately for them, I am smart enough to resist their interventions, not like the others,' Venom briefly explained.

'Others!? And wait, why 'our' offspring?!' Eddie asked hysterically.

'Because I still happen to have retained your DNA,' Venom plainly put it, leaving Eddie speechless for a moment. 'If we want to stop them, we–'

'We? Sorry, but I would rather not have anything to do with you anymore,' Eddie rejected. 'Spider-man may have ruined my life, but you are the one that turned me into a loose cannon and hurt the ones I cared about. So forget it...!'

'Hmmm, we were hoping to do this the easy way, but never mind,' Venom hissed as he entraps Eddie in his tendrils with overbearing mental power. 'If you won't listen to us, then it's better that we make you....!'

In the cell of Eddie's slumbering neighbor, Cletus Kassidy, leaking out of the package sent for him was a red-colored ooze inching closer to Cletus' hand that's hanging just inches away from the floor, allowing it to climb onto his hand and slowly enveloping its body around his hand, waking and startling him from his sleep.

"Hu-huh!? What the blazes!? Get off! Get off me!" Cletus yelled out, letting his screams resound the place and alert the other nearby cells, getting the attention of the founder of the institute, Dr. Ashley Kafka.

"Doctor, something's definitely strange. Those two are rarely loud, especially this early," says one of the wardens, running to the cells with Dr. Kafka.

"Let me assess the situation," Ashley ordered as she opened the door of Eddie's cell, only to meet not Eddie, but a giant monster similar to the villain that once fought Spider-man, noticing her presence in the room.

"Knock knock, doc," Venom growled, having greater control over Eddie's body.

"E-Eddie?! Wh-what happened to you!?" Ashley screamed, tripping over her own feet, alerting the nearby wardens to enter the room and attack Venom in order to protect her.

"Time for another talk, doc? You know you want to...!" Venom quipped while slamming the heads of two wardens to quickly incapacitate them before throwing them against the walls, with his sights locked on the frightened Dr. Kafka.

"Eddie! Snap out of it, this isn't you! Eddie!" Ashley cried out, backing away from the symbiotic monster walking up to her. "Eddie! Please!"

"Awww, how touching. Sorry doc, but you should have resigned," Venom snarkily quipped, preparing to crush her against the wall. 'Noo!' 

"What?!" 

Venom shrieked before holding his head in pain from Eddie's consciousness resurfacing within his mind, enabling him to unmask his face with a bit of willpower. "Doc! You have to-urgh! Run!"