Chapter 5- Movie Marathon

Author's Note: Attached above is what I envisioned Aaron to look like however feel free to imagine him to look however you want!

I woke up the next morning with a splitting headache. This is part of the reason as to why I don't drink often. I can hear the TV on downstairs.

I make my downstairs to smell the fresh aroma of pancakes and bacon.

"Smells good." I comment as I take a seat at the counter.

"You look like you just got hit by a truck." My mom says. She's not wrong. My hair was in a bun which got messed up from when I was sleeping. And my makeup is still on from last night.

"Morning girls." My dad says as he enters the kitchen. He gives my mom a kiss on the cheek. My mom and my dad have a really good relationship. They were high school sweethearts and then my dad proposed at their college graduation. It seems as though they are just as much in love with each other as they were when they first met. I aspire to have that when I'm older.

"Also Ella, I've been meaning to ask, I got an email from your english teacher Mrs. Bardu... she said something about you being enlisted in an essay contest." My dad begins. My mom turns away from the stove to give me a questioning look.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Mrs. Bardue enlisted me in an essay contest for the school. I guess she thinks I'm a very strong writer."

"Honey, that's amazing. Why didn't you tell us this earlier."

"I guess I forgot. Speaking of which, I should probably start working on that."

Think Ella think, I tell myself. I have no idea what to write about for this essay contest. My mind is blank. I'm overthinking it now. I feel like if I lose or something then i'll be letting down everyone.

After about an hour or so of sitting at my desk in complete blankness, I finally get on my writing groove.

I'm interrupted by a knock on my door.

"Come in." I say.

"Hey." Aaron says. I was expecting my mom or dad to come in, but definitely not Aaron.

"Your parents let me in."

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Look, I wanted to talk about last night. I don't know why I was acting that way. It's just that Andrew is known to be a dick when it comes to girls and I don't want to see you get hurt-"

"We just kissed during a game of spin the bottle, it's not like I want to marry him or anything." I object.

"I know. And listen I realize it's your life and I should mind my own business. So I just want to say sorry."

"I forgive you." I reply.

"What are you working on?" Aaron asks as he comes behind my chair to look over at my computer screen.

"An essay for that essay contest I was telling you about. Now shoo because I don't want you to see it yet." I say as I shoo him away.

"Fine. I'm bored though. Want to get lunch or something?" Aaron asks.

"Sure."

We ended up having a movie marathon and doordashing panda express.

"What time is it?" Aaron asks. I check my phone to see it's 7:32.

"7:32. Which means you've been here for like seven hours." I answer.

"Why did that go by so quickly?" He asks.

"Because I'm a blast to hangout with." I respond.

"True." Aaron replies. I can't help but get butterflies in my stomach after that comment. Ugh this man makes me so nervous.

"You have to admit though, Divergent is an amazing movie." I state.

"I mean it was alright," Aaron says, "you are only saying that cause you think the guy Tobias is hot."

"Not true." I lie.

"Sureee."

"Well I should be going." Aaron says as he throws away the container of chow mein.

"I could have gotten that." I say, following him into the kitchen.

"It's fine, it was right there."

"Well I'll see you Ella." Aaron says.

"Bye Aaron." I say.

"Bye Aaron." My mom calls from upstairs.

"Bye Mrs. G." Aaron says as he heads out the front door.

A couple days later.....

Me and Andrew continued to get closer. He's just so different from how I thought him to be. I was also working hard late nights on the ice to get the double axel down for the competition.

At practice:

"Great job Ella, I knew you could do it." My coach cheers as I just landed the double axel. "Now it's just a matter of doing it this gracefully at the competition."

"ELLAAA MAEEE." I hear cheering from the spectators area. I turn around, knowing it's someone I'm close with because they called me by my whole name. I look over to see Aaron and Leo cheering me on.

"You have some fans." My coach says. I just laugh in reply.

"Okay well that's enough for today." Coach says as she goes off the ice. I follow in pursuit. I sit down and take my skates off. My ankles hurt.

"Nice job Ella." Leo and Aaron say as they meet me at the bench I'm currently sitting at.

"Thanks. I didn't know you guys were going to come." I say. I love my friends. They're always cheering me on when it comes to figure skating. I go to all their hockey games and they go to all my competitions.

"When's your next competition?"

"In two weeks." I reply. "Now can we get food or something, I'm hungry?"

"I was thinking the same thing." Leo agrees.

"Let's go then." Aaron states.