Chapter 21 - Aaron's Pov

Aaron's POV:

"I know bro, the game was so good last night." My buddy, Cam says. However, I am not really paying much attention right now. I scan the beach, looking for a specific pair of specific eyes. I spot her amongst the crowd, walking with Leo, two girls and Jordan from my hockey team. What the hell is Jordan doing talking to her? Why do I even care... I shouldn't.

"Hey Aaron- you good?" Cam asks me suddenly, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Someone was too busy staring at a specific someone." My friend, Parker states.

"Hey, I don't blame you man. Ella is hot." Cam adds.

"Yeah it's like once she hit high school, she completely changed looks wise. And I am not complaining." Parker says.

"Bro stop." I say, getting annoyed.

"Loosen up, just have a beer." Cam says, handing me one. I take it from him and down it.

"Hey you." Lucy says, walking over to me. She wraps her arms around me.

"Alright well we're going to go join the game of volleyball that is about to start." Cam announces as he and Parker walk away.

"What's wrong?" Lucy asks, looking up at me.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I lie. I just didn't feel like being at this party. I couldn't stop thinking about Ella.

"Let's go somewhere." Lucy says, dragging me down the beach.

I was currently in the middle of kissing Lucy when my mind shifted somewhere else... Ella. I pull away. I know I've been ignoring her this whole week but it isn't her fault. It isn't her fault that I love her. And I can't help it.

"Seriously what is wrong Aaron? You have been grumpy like this for the past couple days now." Lucy asks.

"Look- I can't do this anymore. I can't do this with you anymore." I tell her. It wasn't fair to her to lead her on like this.

"It's about Ella isn't it?" Lucy asks me.

"What?"

"Oh don't pull that crap Aaron. I have seen the way you look at her. I thought I was crazy at first. I tried to tell myself to stop overthinking it. I thought you loved me." Lucy begins to tear up now.

"Lucy please don't cry. You're a great girl-." I begin, but she interrupts me.

"It's always been her hasn't it. You have always loved her?" She asks, more like a statement than a question. I don't respond. I don't know what to say.

"God I am so stupid. I should have realized. I should have figured since that whole game of spin the bottle." Lucy says.

"I'm sorry." I say. It's the only thing I can think to say.

"Just leave Aaron. Just go!" She demands.

I walk away. That was hard. Lucy is a great girl. But she isn't Ella. I really tried to tell myself that I was crazy. That I wasn't in love with my best friend. But who am I kidding, I always have been. Ella is just different from all the other girls. Maybe it's because I've known her my whole life, I don't know. I don't know why I have waited so long to tell her. I can't help but feel like I am not good enough for her. She's special to me and I didn't want to fuck up our friendship.

I walk over back to the area everyone else is at, scanning the beach. I am trying to find Ella but I can't spot her. I need to tell her how I feel. I can't hold this in anymore. I finally spot her... talking to Andrew. What the fuck is he doing here? My blood boils at the site in front of me. He is grabbing her hand and it looks as though she is trying to get him to stop. I begin running over. I should have punched that guy when I got the chance.

Author's Note: Hey, I hoped you liked Aaron's POV from back to the bonfire!