Chapter 19- Bonfire

At school a few days later...

God I hope school isn't awkward today with Aaron.

"How was sleeping the night at Aaron's?" Katie asks, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Wait how did you-"

"At the party, Aaron told me he was going to take you home so I figured he wasn't going to take you home at 12 in the night drunk."

"I literally woke up scared shitless that something happened." I tell her.

"I'm surprised nothing happened." She says, wiggling her eyebrows. I just roll my eyes. 

When I enter the cafeteria, I see Lucy is sitting next to Aaron laughing.

"Hey guys." I say, sitting down next to Leo. Everyone says hi except for Aaron. He doesn't even look up to say hi to me. Odd...

"How's your arm?" Lucy asks.

"It's fine. It isn't really stopping me from doing much." Aaron replies.

"Did you guys know when the end of the year bonfire is?" Leo asks.

"I'm pretty sure it's this Friday." Lucy answers. Basically at the end of every school year, our school has a bonfire on the beach. I can't believe it's been going by so quickly...

The whole rest of the lunch consisted of Aaron and Lucy having their own conversation leaving just me and Leo talking. I could tell Leo could sense the awkwardness as well. I wonder why Aaron is being so weird.

Aaron then whispers something to Lucy which causes her to smirk and laugh.

"Stop- Aaron." Lucy giggles. "Not here." That's it. I could not sit there and listen to them flirting the whole time. I get up from my seat. Aaron's eyes automatically shift towards me. He has a confused look on his face.

"I just remembered I have a test to study for next period. I'm gonna go to the library." I say and walk away as quickly as possible.

"Hey what's up with you?" Katie asks me.

"Nothing." I lie, not wanting to talk about the whole thing with Aaron at lunch today.

"Well the annual beach bonfire on Friday should cheer you up." Katie says.

"I can't believe it's already happening." I say.

"I know. I'm getting ready with Bella and Mackenzie and they told me to invite you to come along." Katie states.

"That sounds fun." I say.

"I'll add you to the group chat." Mackenzie and Bella are both super nice so I'm excited.

The whole rest of the week consisted of Aaron still not talking to me and acting weird. It must have something to do with what happened at the party.

"Hey." Bella says.

"Hey Bella."

"You excited for tonight?" She asks.

"Oh my gosh yes. It's gonna be hot too so it will be fun to finally be able to wear hot clothes for once." I say.

"I know. It will be the first time my jean shorts will be worn in months. And also get to my house around 7:30." She states.

"Okay sounds good."

"Okay perfect, see ya."

Now I have to pick out an outfit...

The second I get home, I dig through my closet, trying to find an outfit to wear. I finally decide on white shorts and a blue top.