Chapter 11- Deep Talks at In N Out

"Thanks for driving me to school Leo." I say as Leo and I enter into school. Once I enter, everyone stares at my leg. Why do people always do that when someone gets crutches?

"Boo." Katie says as she taps on my shoulder.

"Morning." I say as I turn around from my locker.

"Hi crutches girl." She replies.

"That's gonna be my new nickname for you." Leo laughs.

"I don't need this bullying today." I joke.

"Damn it's first period already." Katie says in response to the bell.

"We got here almost right on the bell." I say to Leo.

"As long as we make it on time, who cares. I hate waking up any earlier than I need to." Leo states.

"True."

—--------------------------------------------------

"Hey Ella." Andrew greets.

"Hey."

We begin working on the math class work together.

"I need to talk to you about something." He begins. "I realize we didn't really talk after our kiss and that is my bad. I realize I really am enjoying getting to know you and I was wondering if you wanted to go to the carnival with me this weekend?" Wow. So maybe he does like me...

"Aww i'm enjoying getting to know you too. And I would love to." I say.

"Great, I'll text you later." He states.

"What was happening on Sunday?"

"Oh me, Leo and Aaron's families all got together for a barbecue. We usually do since our families are all close."

"That's cool. Are you guys close?" I'm not sure why he's asking that since I've literally discussed this with him before.

"Yeah I think you asked that before?" I state with a laugh so I come off less aggressive.

"Oh." He laughs too. That was awkward.

I walk out of first period with a big grin on my face as I keep thinking about my upcoming date with Andrew. I think I am really starting to like him. He kind of came out of nowhere.

"What are you so smiley about?" Katie questions.

"Because Andrew asked me out." I state as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Wait what." Her eyes widen. "I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks. I haven't really ever been asked out before." I state.

"Probably because most of the guys are too scared to." Katie laughs.

"What- why is that?" I ask as I turn to face her.

"Please- Ella, you are friends with one of the two most popular guys in the school. You think guys are not going to be intimidated to ask you out?" I guess I hadn't ever thought about it that way.

"I didn't realize that."

"Yeah. Well who cares because you finally have been!!" Katie tries to change the subject. I am still kind of hung up on the whole guys being too scared to ask me out thing. I don't want that to be the case. I really hope I don't die alone as an old dog lady. Notice how I say dog because I do not like cats.

"You really think guys wouldn't ask me out because of that?" I ask.

"I mean I've seen it with my own eyes. Remember that time we were all hanging out and the waiter at some restaurant came up and asked for your number?"