Chapter 10- Barbecue and Walks

Aaron ended up leaving right after. I wake up the next morning feeling determined to actually be productive.

"Hey mom." I say as I come downstairs with my tennis shoes and crutches. I think I found a good system for getting down the stairs. I hold the stairs as I hop down with the non injured foot as I use my crutch for extra support.

"What are you doing?" She asks, alarmed, running over to me.

"Relax, I am fine. I'm going for a walk with my crutches." I say as though it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"I don't know if that's a good idea. And plus we have that barbecue today with the Kades and Campbells." Shit I forgot about that barbecue thing. I'm not really in the mood to be honest.

"Mom it will be good for me to get out and plus I'll only go on a quick walk, I'll be back soon." I state.

"Fine, be quick."

Right as I turn the handle on the front door of my house, I see no other than Andrew standing on the other side of it.

"Oh hey Andrew." I say surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey. Sorry I didn't call but I was in the area so I thought I'd come and see how you're doing."

"No you're totally fine. I'm just about to go on a short walk with my crutches. Do you want to join me?" I ask.

"Sure." I close the front door and carefully walk down the driveway, trying to get in the hang of the walking pattern with my crutches.

"So how is everything going with you?" I ask.

"Pretty good." Andrew replies. "How did you even manage to do that to your leg?" He asks, looking down at it.

"Well I was attempting to do a double axle which is a really advanced move for me and I didn't land it. I wasn't ready and my coach put too much pressure on me." I begin. "And when I was in the middle of doing my first spin, I couldn't land the second and I lost balance and fell right on my leg."

"Wow. I'm sorry that sucks. Do you know how long you'll be out for?"

"4 and a half weeks. The doctor said it wasn't too bad of a break."

"Well that's at least somewhat good."

Me and Andrew ended up walking and chatting the whole walk. The conversation was flowing really well. So well that we ended up doing around 4 walks around my neighborhood.

"Hey you okay?" Andrew asks, noticing that I'm breathing a little harder now that we're on our fourth lap.

"The tiredness is kicking in." I reply.

"Okay we should head back now then."

When we got to my house I saw that Aaron and Leo's parents' cars were already both in the driveway. I guess we took longer than expected...

"Well thanks for stopping by." I begin.

"Here let me open the door for you." Andrew insists as he begins to open it but can't because it's locked. He then suddenly knocks. My heart starts racing because I begin to think of how awkward it is going to be for one of my family members, or even Aaron or Leo, to open the door to Andrew.

When the door opens, I see Leo's mom on the other side of it with a wine glass in her hand.

"Oh well hello there." She begins.

"Hi Mrs. C." I greet.

"Aww poor Ella." She begins as she pulls me into a hug and looks down at my leg.