Chapter 18- Sprained Arm and Parties

Friday night....

"Go Aaron." I shout as he is currently skating down the ice with the puck near him, getting nearer and nearer to the goal. He brings his stick back, ready to shoot when suddenly a body comes smashing into him, knocking him to the ground. The hit looked personal. Aaron doesn't get up for a few seconds and then he starts moving. Oh my God is he okay. I run down from the stands, trying to get onto the ice. I gracefully and quickly get over to him on the ice. Most of his teammates and his coach are surrounding him.

"Aaron." I say.

"The medic is here, no need to worry." Coach says.

"Ouch." Aaron groans, holding his arm. It's not long before Mrs. Kade comes on to the ice.

"Aaron honey, are you alright?" She asks, concern evident in her tone.

"Yeah, I'm good. I think I may have broken my arm." He says as though it's nothing.

I go with Aaron and Mrs Kade in the car to the emergency room to get Aaron's arm checked out.

"I'm going to go talk to the lady at the front desk. We should not be waiting this long. It's called urgent care for a reason." Mrs. Kade says.

"That hit was definitely personal." I comment.

"I wish I had punched that guy." Aaron replies.

"Yeah because another thing you need is a black eye." I laugh.

"I think it would go great with the broken arm." Aaron jokes.

"We aren't even sure it's broken." I say.

"Ella, cmon it's definitely broken."

"How are you still talking and acting normally then?" I ask.

"Because pain makes me stronger." Aaron jokes.

"Weirdo." I laugh.

"Nah, just kidding, it's because I'm just so strong."

"Yeah for sure."

"Aaron cmon." Mrs Kade says. I keep sitting down, not sure if I'd be allowed in or not.

"Ella you can come." Aaron says as though it's obvious.

"She can come right?" Aaron asks the doctor for confirmation.

"Yes."

Turns out Aaron did in fact do something to his arm. But luckily it was a sprain and not a break.

"Ella honey, do you want to let your parents know where you are and what happened?" Mrs. Kade asks me, as she's focused on the road.

"Yeah I sent them a text earlier."

"You're welcome to come back to our house. I'm sure Aaron would love the company." She says. I look over to Aaron and he gives me a look which tells me he's thinking "it's up to you."

"Okay I'll text my parents and let them know." I state.

When we pull into Aaron's driveway, I get out and open the door for him.

"I can open a door." He says.

"No you cannot." Mrs. Kade replies.

We help him to the kitchen and he sits down on the couch.

"What do you want to watch?" I ask.

"Cars." I internally groan because I hate the Cars movies.

"Do you want anything?" I ask.

"Ella, relax, you are not my servant." Aaron states.

"I know but I want to help if I can." I insist.

"No, I'm good."