Chapter 47

"Crap." She raced off past all of the girls dorms, entered the master code for the boys dorm hallway and continued to run. 

Now was the time to forget all social etiquette.

"Crap crap crap, I thought we had more time!" She ran down the hallway, as quietly as possible, skidding past the door. 

She knocked. 

Silence. 

She knocked again. 

Nothing. 

"Great." She was annoyed now and began banging the door down as forcefully as she could while not waking up the rest of the boys. "Open up you lazy loser!" She knocked and kicked the for at the same time. Mid-knock, the door opened and her fist collided with the nose of the sleepy offender.

"Ow, what the hell man!" All of her hard work sneaking around would have been for nothing if his pained shouts woke everyone up anyway.

"Shut up," she hissed before pushing him back into the room and closing the door behind her. After taking her hand and wiping it on her trousers in disgust she turned to Mark who had gunk in his eyes, his green eyes dull with fatigue. He was wearing bright blue PJ bottoms and a white t-shirt covered with yellow bears that looked suspiciously like whine the pooh. "A fan?" She snickered queasily and pointed to the bears on the shirt. He looked confused, glanced down then turned a bright shade of red.

"No." He grumbled, sulking back to the wardrobe, grabbing a plain grey t-shirt and going into the adjoining bathroom. Ava made herself as comfortable as possible on the couch, perching on the edge knowing the kinds of germs that were probably inhabiting the stained cushions. On his return, Mark got straight to the point after collapsing on the bed. "To what do I owe this displeasure, Ava?"

"She's gone."

At that he sat up straight, his posture that of an agent and not a grumpy teenage boy anymore. "No way."

"Does it look like I'm kidding?" Her face was stony. 

"It worked!" He started laughing. "We're not going to be kicked out!" He carried on with his little victory dance for a while until he saw the the look on his partner's features. He stopped and turned to her, his smile turning into a frown. "What's going on?"

"I think we were wrong."

"Huh?"

"We should never have completed this mission."

"What do you mean? She had the answer and wasn't giving it up, what else could we do?"

"That's just it, I don't think she knew what she had, or even that she had it!"

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh. HQ didn't believe me when I told them. They were asking me to go through her stuff seen as I had gained her trust and everything but then it got worse. I said I didn't want to do it and they threatened me. I couldn't tell you because they threatened me again so you just continued with the new plan, get her back to HQ. She just left and they are going to get her."

"That's not so bad, they will find it in her belongings, probably disguised then let her go."

"They think she knows and are either going to make sure she's working for them or kill her."

"That, is not good."

"No, not at all."

Mark sighed frustratedly. "Well what else were we supposed to do?"

Ava hung her head. "I don't know."

"No, you have an idea, I want to hear it."

"He's still there you know."

"Who?"