Chapter 7

Lilian's POV
*Trigger warning panic attacks*

   Later that day I told Violet and Laura about the hockey game and they were both very excited to go.

Violet's brother plays on the team his name is Justin, he's a year younger than us, turns out she's front a heavily hockey family, she has an older who's a year older than us, his name is Everett. He's at McGill playing hockey.

The rest of the day flew by since my classes were going well so far.

I walked home today and started on my homework as soon as I got there, I only had some math homework we're learning how to add and subtract rational expressions it's not that hard it's just very tedious.

Checking my phone it's 4:30, I should start getting ready soon.

I finished my homework and started getting ready for the hockey game.

I decided on a pair of black ripped jeans and a white hoodie since I'm assuming it's going to be cold inside, I put my hair up in a hot pink claw clip and put on some gold jewelry and my late mothers necklace it's a simple gold chain with a small diamond pendant hanging off it.

It was kept in a box for years but when I turned 13 my dad decided I should have it and I haven't taken it off since it makes me feel like my mom is still watching over me.

A little while later Laura came over to finish getting ready with me since Violet is just going with her brother and meeting us there.

We watch part of an episode of 'friends' before we start heading to the arena, we take Laura's car since I don't want to drive, and we blast Taylor swifts new album "midnights" all the way there singing along to all the songs.

My phone dings, tapping the screen I see a notification.

Chase: you here yet?

Me: just pulling in now

Chase: I'll meet you by the front doors, k

Me: Sure

Once we get out of the car Laura goes straight to the stands to find Violet and I go to find Chase, as soon as I walk in the front doors I see Chase talking to a few teammates.

"See you in there," he says once he sees me walking towards him, he does a 'bro shake' to one of the other player before meeting me.

"Hey," I drag out, "Are you excited to play," I say once he comes closer to me

"Yeah but I'm used to it though"

"Who are you playing against?" I ask him.

"The North Hill Knights, they're not very good so it should be an easy game." He said coolly.

My body immediately stiffens and my eyes go wide, My old school's hockey team, how could I be so dumb and forget that they had one?

I don't think Chase noticed my sudden mood change because he was looking out the windows.

"I'm hungry, are you hungry? Do you want to get something to eat?" He asks, to be honest, I had lost my appetite.

"No, not really"

"Did you eat before you came?" he asked sounding suspicious.

"Well no...but I'm not very hungry"

"Come on let's go get food you can just have some fries if you want." He says leading me toward the concession stands in the cafeteria.