Chapter 20

Lilian's POV

"She should be good to go home by this afternoon, we just need to make sure she's not concussed,"

"Thank you, sir," Chase says as the doctor leaves.

"See I told you I was fine, you didn't need to sleep here," I say in an 'I told you so tone'. "But thank you," I add.

"Oh, I didn't sleep," he stated.

"Really, why not," I ask.

"Because you're in a hospital bed right now," he says in a 'duh' tone.

"Anyway, I called Laura and Violet, and they're on their way here."

"But they have school right now,"

"They are very worried about you; Laura threatened to call the police and report a missing person like three times."

My heart hurts knowing all the worry and stress I caused for them.

"Your dad set up a meeting with the police this morning, they want to ask you a few questions about yesterday," Chase warned me.

"Oh, uh ok," I stuttered. I've always hated getting people in trouble, yes, she may deserve it, they all do but I still feel bad it goes on their record, colleges will see it when they apply for school.

"I can stay with you if you want," Chase suggests seeing the panic on my face.

"Thank you but you have to school and practice today, I can't take up more of your time,"

"How many times do I have to tell you that you are more important than those things, because I will keep doing it till you get it into that pretty little head of yours,"

"Ok," I mumble, why this is all I said I don't know. He makes my stomach do somersaults without even trying. He probably makes every girl feel like this.

"HEYY," Laura yells throwing open the door and running to me.

"Hi," I say reaching out for a hug which she happily returns.

"Are you ok? I am so sorry, you're never walking alone again just so you know," she states.

"I'm ok, and it's not your fault."

"If I ever see Claire again, I'm going to murder her in cold blood, no regrets," Laura says confidently.

"Where is Violet, wasn't she with you," I ask realizing that violet wasn't with her.

"Oh yeah, she's parking the car I think I don't know, I jumped out when we got here and ran all the way to you,"

"Wow you ran all the way here for me," I say sarcastically shocked.

"Ha-ha, your so funny, I'm in great shape," she says monotoned. "what kind of drugs is she one, because I want whatever made her like this," she jokingly whispered to Chase who looks very amused by our conversation.

"Just a lot of painkillers," he whispered back holding eye contact with me.

"I'm here no need to fret," Violet announced bursting into the room. "Thanks for waiting for me, not," she says glaring at Laura.

"Hey babe, how are you feeling?" she says redirecting her attention to me and the mountain of bandages on my face.

"Better thank you,"

"Hey on the plus side, free nose job,"

"I guess, though I could have done without one," I say hesitantly.