01 | Dragon's Fire

•°

•°. *࿐

I'VE BEEN THINKING long and hard. 

Since I was fifteen I've been thinking actually. No matter how many times I distract myself or try and force closure on myself - it doesn't work. It doesn't work knowing that out there, in New York, a certain liar and cheat is free. 

I can't move on when all I see closing my eyes is fire. 

Even if killing him won't fix that - I'll give him something to fear when he closes his eyes as well. It's only fair.

After changing the Ivanov reputation across America and becoming more of a help rather than burden - I've gained quite an amount of respect. 

It took three years, but I was able to relocate the remaining Ivanov's and give them better, more fair chances at life. They're scattered across the globe now. 

Because of my hard earned respect - I also have many alliances. 

Alliances, that with one request, eagerly jump to inform me where a certain red haired boy lurks and resides. 

I sling my small carry on over my shoulder as I step off the train, feeling a familiar scent and rush of air. 

New York air. Which means urine and smoke. 

God, I spent months wanting to come back here - why the fuck was that?

Never mind. I know why. 

According to my informant, the person I'm looking for works at a bar called 'Dragon's Fire' - a five star business on the report of my research online. 

How he got a job there? I have no idea. Does it matter? Things that don't breathe no longer matter. 

Dragon's Fire is a ten minute walk from here. It's placed in a stronger more furnished part of New York. Cleaner. Richer. 

In other words; the opposite of New York. 

I scan the streets for signs scribbled with the name I'm searching for. 

Eventually I find the beloved bar - one decorated in black and dark oak, one with orange and warm lighting - one you'd find in hell. I can imagine Satan ordering a glass of whiskey here. I'd accompany him with some vodka.

When I open the door, the vibes are relaxed. There are only a few people here - no partying, only catching up. It is three in the afternoon to be fair.

I walk with a calculating aura through the bar, eyeing specific people - trying to grasp some sort of recognition for anything. Anything that can help me find him - end him.  

'Feeling Good' plays in the background - a cover I recognise by Nina Simone. Liza showed me the song actually. A long time ago when she was talking about what kind of songs she'd play at balls and revels she planned to host.