29 | Bingo

•°

•°. *࿐

WE'RE STORMING ELIZABETH'S bar first thing tomorrow morning. 

It wasn't the original plan. We were waiting a bit, trying to go there with as few people as possible so that there was less suspicion. But every time we've tried that - we've almost been caught. By either being outnumbered, Alyona Ivanov's weird fighting enhancements, or most recently, the cops fucking arriving. 

Risky move on their end considering Alyona and her posse are wanted in New York ever since they interrupted with detective work and killed people three years ago (I've done my research). I guess it would be safe to assume she has a fake identity. Everything we and them have in common is the legality of our actions, so I wouldn't put it past them. 

But you could say a recent betrayal lit a fire in me that has me wanting to uplift some hell raising. And my mother approved, so the plan is the plan. 

Her reaction to Xolo's leaving was surprisingly calm. I told her what happened, minus a few personal thoughts, and she just sighed and shook her head. Said it was bound to happen. That we got a good use out of him while we could. Victor on the other hand got angry. Yelled, got into a screaming match with her and had me leave the room.

Well, I didn't want to leave. But mom sent me a look that told me if I stayed a second longer she'd have my head, so there's that.

I can't help but dwell on the Xolo from before the amnesia. Then again him during the amnesia was annoying but just as comforting. He also seemed to really like me. Before he forgot his memory he was more quiet and dull. Liked me, in some sort of way, but didn't do anything about it. Smiled at me. No one smiled like that at an assassin. 

The he betrayed me. Twice. So death, for him, by me, is the only possible conclusion my mind can come up with. Fair is fair. He got a second chance, and he closed the door behind him after I begged him to stay. 

Perhaps I couldn't do it the first time. Something rare, that hasn't happened in so long, but still there. 

However I'm trained. I understand other people are trained as well. Like Alyona Ivanov, Ekaterina Terenov, Alexei Popov and TK Romano. I've done my research on them all. They were all trained - just like me. 

The difference? I want to use my training. I want to kill people for selfish causes, and I don't have some narcissistic man in my ear forcing me to submission like those four. 

My whole life, I've never feared pulling the trigger. 

Except for a second with Xolo.

And except for my first time. 

•°. *࿐

"Kill it." She sighed, flipping a page in her book. 

I stared at the small dog in front of me. 

"Kill it?" I repeated. 

"Did I stutter?" My mother finally looked up from her book to eye me.