24 | Bleeding (In Front Of You)

•°

•°. *࿐

OUT OF ALL the moments I could choose to start ignoring Alyona's calls, it just so happens to be the day I receive one of her most important ones. 

I was blowing her off to spend more time with Jake and my new-ish family until I decided to finally call her. 

Then she blew up. 

Started telling my about all this and that, blah blah blah, Faith's back.

And I was like, Faith's back?

And she was like, Stone's alive. 

So. Currently, Jake is driving me back to the bar where I have a bone to pick with anyone who had a role in Stone's current situation. 

I heard they have a captive. I could not care less if he wants to help - I would still like to beat the absolute shit out of him. 

"I'm excited to see Faith." Jake says to break the silence.

Ah. That's right. It's been a month or so for me, but three years for him. 

"She's excited too I bet." I say. 

"Eh, I'm not that important." He shrugs. 

"You hit Ivan over the head with a shovel before he murdered her, I think she finds you important." I scoff. 

"Oh. Yeah. I did do that." He says proudly.

"Alexei will also be there." I add. 

"Oh. Cool." Jake nods. 

"What?" I face him. 

"Nothing." He shakes his head.

"No, seriously. What?" I repeat. 

"He's just kind of...scary." Jake winces. 

"Um, yeah? So is Faith?" I chuckle slightly.

"Well obviously, but Alexei is scary in the 'don't touch my daughter' type of way and I was lucky to have avoided that conversation three years ago." He says.

I blink, "Well that's adorable."

"Shut up." He mutters, shrinking in his seat a little. 

The rest of the car ride consists of loving Katy Perry songs and then hating them. 

When we finally arrive back at base (Liza's bar. It's Liza's bar) I make sure to push the doors open, ignore everyone, and storm towards the room I know where TK was held last. 

"Eka-" Someone says my name before trailing off when seeing I'm a woman on a mission. Good on them. 

The moment the door is in front of me I throw it open, causing whoever this guy inside of it is to startle and stare at me with fright and confusion.