10 | Twins? Seriously?

•°

•°. *࿐

"YOU SURE THAT'S it?" Jake asks as he leans over my shoulder.

"Well her last name is Terenov, and every other Terenov is dead." I shrug, pressing the print button and walking over to the printer in the corner of Jake's room.

"You're not." He points out.

"Yeah because I'm invincible."

"But you could be," He rolls his eyes, "This seems dangerous. Whoever this person is gave you up for a reason, they could be unstable."

"...did you not just hear me call myself invincible?"

"Eka, this is serious." Jake huffs.

"I know! We're prepared kind of people. I can defend myself, and you have the football genes, we'll be fine." I wave a hand.

"Football genes?" He raises his brows.

"Yeah, you're like automatically strong." I explain.

He grins, "Keep talking."

I roll my eyes and pull off the paper from the printer, excited to have the map and location physically in my hands.

This is it. This is, possibly, the first time I'll meet my biological family.

"You got your license?" Jake asks.

"Fuck no," I wince, "The online tests were easy and then I had to actually get in the car."

"You're eighteen, you still have time." He shrugs.

"I am never getting my license." I stay put.

"Whatever, you're lucky I have mine." He mutters, walking to grab some keys out of a dish on his bedside table.

"When did you get yours?" I ask.

"We literally drove to the dance together with Aly and Liza in my car, what do you mean?"

"Oh yeah, I keep on forgetting you're older than me." I nod. "I'm much more mature than you."

He scoffs, "Oh, really?"

"Yes really. I know much more than you about the world." I nod in confidence.

"Like what?" Jake asks, crossing his arms as if amused. 

"I know that the president has been switched out with a fake." I shrug.

He laughs. Out loud, nice and bright. Just how I like it.

The only problem - I don't know why he is. Did I say something funny?

"Let's go then," He leaves his room, "I'll drive you to your seeming mother - and we'll decide if she's a threat in the moment. Nothing can possibly go wrong through that."