04 | Welcome, Hitman

•°

•°. *࿐

I MOVED FROM the hospital around a week ago. I still don't remember much, but slowly, I'm getting used to using my body again. 

There's still little I remember about my past. My old life. I call it my old life because now, I'm starting a new one. One that hopefully won't be putting me in situations with legs that didn't work and amnesia. 

Shadow. That's what they call him. He's the one who took me from the hospital and handed me back my name after I lost it. 

He took my to a...hotel? Hotel is definitely not the word for where I'm staying. But it's a place with a lot of rooms. So...hotel. 

Shadow doesn't speak. I learnt that a week ago. What Shadow does do, is gesture. Roam. Whatever he wants. 

Do I know my relation to Shadow? How I know him, if maybe his weird get up and hood is why I'm in an equally weird place? Nope. All I remember is that I have amnesia (ironic) and with said amnesia, I'm kind of just letting it happen. 

It being everything. Getting moved around, being fed, meeting random important people, and more. 

My head is currently a terrible place to be.

Still. According to the lady who's staying in the room next to mine, tomorrow is a big day for me. Tomorrow is my...first day back. 

Back where? That's what I'm about to find out. 

Shadow walks me down the long corridor, completely avoiding an elevator and taking me instead down the stairs where I continue to follow him past longer corridors until we're finally back in the lobby.

There are three people waiting for me at the lobby. Only three. No passing extras, no cleaners, no civilians - just three, rich looking people. 

"Hi." I say, almost ending my sentence with question. 

"Good afternoon." The woman in the middle says. Her hair is black, dark black, and her eyes are darker. Her skin is pale - lips cherry - and the only thing alluding to her being a little aged are the creases under her eyes. 

"I'm Yara. Yara Fang." She introduces a hand. 

I shake it, figuring if these people knew me from before whatever incident put me here - I should extend some common curtesy. 

"Xolo." I mumble.

"Yes, I know. You were a hard man to find Xolo - being passed out at the hospital and all." She smiles, laughing at the end as if we have an inside joke. I laugh along for zero awkwardness. 

"Speaking of - do you know...what happened to me exactly?" I ask. 

"It's better not to say anything. Let your memory come back to you - that's what we've been told at least." Yara assures me.