11 | Infant Experiments

•°

•°. *࿐

FAKE SANDY AND what's-his-face ran away to a secluded area in the most random place of New York.

Is that their base? Where they're staying? Probably not. But, it's a place they own or commute in nonetheless. Any information, is information.

And I'll do anything to stop them from touching Liza so help me god - the thought makes me want to actually turn unhinged. Like old Alyona in New York. Very weird, and very unhinged.

"I really don't think you should be going alone." Liza says as she walks into the open area of the bar, eyes falling on the drink in my hand slightly before back up at me.

"I really don't think anyone should come with me." I shrug, taking a sip of the drink.

"It's not even midday yet." She checks her watch before staring at my drink once again.

"No," I smile, "It's not."

She rolls her eyes before stomping forward and sitting down next to me. She's sure to leave space. I think she's a little scared to be close to me. I don't know why. It's annoying.

"Whiskey." Is the only words she says to a cleaning Rowan before he's nodding and turning around to prepare her a drink.

"Hypocrite." I mutter teasingly.

"I'm allowed to drink, you're the one about to go risk your ass for no reason. You shouldn't be drunk while doing that."

"I actually think that's all the more reason to get drunk." I counter.

"I don't care."

"Technically neither of us should be drinking." I point out.

"And if either you are caught, my ass is the one that gets arrested for serving it." Rowan returns with Liza's whiskey.

"Me too, I own the damn place." Liza mini salutes with her drink before downing it.

I watch her throat as she swallows, looking forward again when she's done. Rowan catches my eye. He smirks. I scowl.

"Seriously though," I push my glass forward to indicate I'm done, "What's the worst that can happen?"

"They could kill you if you're caught." She deadpans.

"And how would they do that?" I lean my cheek into my palm.

"Guns. Knives. Whatever."

"Mm," I smile, "And what will they do after?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean after I've healed. Will they try again?"

Liza can't retort to that. Instead, she pushes her own glass forward and stands up. "When you come back, you have to tell me everything."