28 | Defeat (But Not Really)

•°

•°. *࿐

I REMEMBER SNIPPETS of my time as my father's weapon. 

The time I spent being the Zmeya. AKA the Snake. Maybe because I was agile and swift - but really, it was a little joke my father had with himself regarding the true state of my blood. 

Faith was able to snap me out of the trance. Give me enough time to recover and withhold his deceptions before she removed a chip from my neck that gave him access and control to my brain at all times. 

According to these documents - Victor did manage to at least recreate one of my father's creations. Maybe not healing or spontaneous adrenaline rushes - but control and loss of self consciousness. 

That's what he's doing to Stone. And all that does to me is introduce so many startling possibilities and thoughts.

Has Stone truly been unconscious for three years of his life? Has he missed three years of his life? If he's in that state constantly - unlike me who was only there in fragments - can he be saved? Can he remember?

Amnesia seems to be a common theme as of late.

Faith zoned out for a good ten minutes whilst everyone started talking. I noticed it. The way she concentrated on a spot on the table and starting scheming. She's already planning. She knows what she wants. And I'm too scared to ask her what she's thinking - because, well, she's in a trance. You don't interrupt Faith when an epiphany is happening. 

"We can call up everyone who owes us a favour," Alexei is saying, "Make our own army - challenge his-"

"No," I shake my head, "No - I gave them freedom from this life, I won't ask them to make a choice like that again." 

"We can't just sit here with nothing against possibly hundreds of workers-"

"There's a way." Faith interrupts, casually returning from her mind palace.

"Cute, you got an army?" Eka scoffs. 

"Or a tank?" Jake adds, seated next to her with arms crossed just like hers. 

Faith rolls her eyes, "I have a brain. And an idea."

"This sounds like it's going to be risky." Liza mutters. 

"Obviously," Faith shrugs, "But people who can't fight won't have to fight. Leave that up to Alexei, Aly and me. Some of you will stay here - we might take Xolo and Eka with us as well for directions technologically thanks to Eka and memory wise thanks to Xolo."

"Never thought I'd hear the word memory become one of my traits." Xolo mumbles.

"And me?" TK suggests, "I can fight. And my father won't kill me."

"What makes you so sure?" Rowan raises a brow. 

"Mafia law." TK and I say in unison with mocking tones. They're the rules we're raised on, and still, every time I hear about it I want to puncture my eyeballs out and stuff them up my ass.