09 | Heart's Desire

•°

•°. *࿐

"I EXPECTED BETTER from you." Yara shakes her head as she paces in front of Viria and I in an office. I'm guessing her office.

"Mom-" Viria tries to get a word in, but quickly, is interrupted.

"And you tried to tell me you could do this alone? What if Xolo wasn't there? How would you have gotten out?" Yara continues her discipline, anger bursting out of her in moments.

"Mom." Viria tries more sternly.

"What?" Yara snaps, stopping her pacing.

"She wasn't alone." Viria says more quietly, more obediently.

Yara laughs, "Oh so there were bodyguards? You couldn't handle a few bodyguards?"

"There was a girl." I speak up, stepping slightly in front of Viria.

Now, I'm not sure if I should be scared of Yara. Maybe I was before. But right now, she's getting on my nerves, and my loss of memory is making me a little more confident.

"A girl?" Yara repeats, crossing her arms.

I nod.

"And you couldn't handle a single girl?" Yara scoffs.

"This girl was better than us," I reply honestly, "She's obviously experienced. Something we didn't know beforehand."

From behind Yara, sitting at the desk, Victor's attention seems to pick up. He stands from his chair and walks over to us, joining the conversation properly instead of sitting back bored.

"What did this girl look like?"

"Blonde," Viria says, "Blue eyes. But not like icy blue - like murderous blue."

"Did you catch her name?" Victor asks.

"Alison? Yeah, Alison." Viria responds.

Victor chuckles then, leaning back on his desk, "She's back."

"Who?" Yara asks, turning to face him.

"Alyona Ivanov." He smiles.

Yara's face seems to drop. "She's in California. She wouldn't come back here." She shakes her head.

"Who?" Viria looks concerned, "Who is she?"

"The daughter of Ivan Ivanov - may he rest in peace or whatever - and a mafia girl we have a little unfinished business with." Victor explains.

"Did you not scare her away?" Yara raises a brow at Victor.

"Well, I thought I did," He says, "But it seems now that she's taken a break she's come back for more."

Victor then turns to Viria and I, "Was there another girl? Brunette, tan, dark freckles? About this tall?" He puts up a hand for measurement.

"No?"