Chapter 103

At noon, Dean stared at the screen on his phone, which showed the live video of Giselle sitting up in his bed. It had been a week that he had been doing this. He figured that it would be best if he could give her some time alone to help improve her recovery. At least that was what he believed. Things did not go quite well as he had expected regardless of their reunion. Dean was not sure what went wrong. Had he known this would happen, he would have approached her differently. But, what other tactics could've been?

That night, Dean stayed in his office until late like any other night. The second that he finished his last page of a thick document, he seized his phone to check the security camera again. He relaxed his shoulders before allowing himself to sink into his chair. A deep sigh followed his movement as he watched the woman inside the clip in silence.

As expected, she was deeply asleep at the same time as she had been for the past week. Dean started to learn her routine after keeping his eyes on hers for the first three days. He stared at the screen without a blink, anticipating to see if she would change her sleeping position. He wondered if his room temperature was a bit too low for her, judging from the way she had always been covering herself up with the blanket.

I will wait until you get better.

All of a sudden, the sound of his phone ringing interrupted his thought. On his screen, Aaron's name popped up, face-timing him almost at the wrong time. Dean shifted in his seat to sit straight up before he answered the call.

"Hello, brother!" Aaron's voice blurted from the other end at the same time that his red face flashed across Dean's screen.

"What the hell? Are you drinking? Isn't it still a fucking broad daylight there?" Dean's brows tightened.

"Oh, come on! The past week has been an ass for me. I just celebrated a bit too hard last night. I have not gone to sleep yet. Don't you see how much of a caring older brother I am to call you before I even go to fucking sleep? I kept my fucking word when I said I will call you, okay?" Aaron said while showing Dean his messy bed.

Dean let out a loud sigh and almost rolled his eyes at his brother's words. "Well, seeing how wasted you are right now, I concluded that everything there is going far from okay for you."

"Of course! Definitely! Who am I? I went to the fucking boxing club the other day... Oh man, I could not tell you how many assholes I have beat the shit out of. I don't even fucking remember if some of them died or became disabled after... but I surely know that my fucking name is spreading out like crazy! Those motherfuckers that tampered with our fucking lab chose the wrong opponent to mess with. I sent corpses of their men to their fucking porches. They evacuate the next fucking day. Haha... Oh damn, I can't fucking think straight. I forgot what I am talking about already..." Aaron ran his hand through his messy hair before dropping himself onto the bed lazily. "But, I don't want to fucking return to the state, man. Ugh, I have no choice. I will be visiting you in a few days or a week, I don't fucking know. My head is fucking spinning. The alcohol here is fine as hell and strong as shit. You need to catch up with me some fucking time, brother!" He raised his voice while chuckling out loud.

In the video call, Dean thought he saw a shadow of a woman. But, that would not surprise him, knowing his brother's nature. "I am glad that you are still alive. I will end the call now so you can get some fucking sleep. I cannot tell if you are drunk or high anymore the longer I talked to you. Just don't get yourself kill."

Aaron giggled and then hung up.

Dean exhaled briefly before he mumbled to himself, "What the fuck am I dealing with?" A smile crept on his lips as he shook his head at his phone.