ᥴꫝꪖρ𝕥ꫀ᥅ 13 || ❁(New year's special ❀)

The days passed by and I was working at the tea shop most of the time. I had fun making tea, coffees and drinks but then the 31st December came. Edith was planning a huge New year's eve party and I offered my help but she told me to enjoy the party because Tewks and me got invited. I'm thinking about what to wear because I don't wanna wear my typical blouse and pants. Tewks is still sleeping on the floor and I don't want to wake him up but it already was 2pm.. like how was he able to sleep that long? The party starts at 6 pm since it already turns dark from five to six.
I slowly got up from the bed and kneeled on the floor in front of Tewksbury. I pinched his cheek and he screamed in surprise for a second and I had to laugh so badly. I was rolling on the ground laughing.

"Very funny, Y/l/n." He groaned.

"I know!" I chuckled and started getting up.
"Let's have some breakfast or more like lunch since you've slept until 2pm!" I mumbled and rolled my eyes as his widened as if he just realized that it's 2pm.
"Now get up!" I said as I got up and thew a pillow into his face.

When he finally came and I had already prepared some stuff for our breakfast-lunch.
We had some bread from yesterday so I made some scrambled eggs. I gave him the half of my scrambled eggs and ate my breakfast.

꧁ ❀ ꧂

After that we spent some hours chilling and getting ready for the party. The thing that differed the party from the usual dances I had to go to, was that I actually wanted to go there. No mother forcing me to go.
No perverted men trying to date or marry me.
Ah! What a refreshing day.
For some time I read an interesting book which Edith borrowed me. It was about Greek myths. Pretty good actually.
Well, after that I finally got ready. I took a shower, did my hair(aka. Brushed it-), put on a bit of makeup and last but not least picked a dress and heels. I went for a not too short but not too long black dress. It was over my knees still and had long sleeves. It fit tight except the skirt which wasn't. It was simple but looked good. And for heels I picked some black ones. I managed to hide my new dagger underneath my skirt, tied on my thigh.
Oh. If I only knew that I would need the dagger soon..

꧁ ❀ ꧂

After we finished, we started walking to Edith's cafe at 17.45 pm so we would arrive on time. We brought a bottle of red wine as a gift too. When we arrived it was about 18.03 pm(we were walking pretty slowly) and the party had already started. Edith welcomed us but then quickly left to say hello to other party guests too. I decided to meet some new people if I was already visiting a party. We introduced ourselves as Grace Bailey and Lorenzo Berkshire to many people. And because there were so many people we had to act like we were in love. Honestly it was annoying somehow, we had to flirt or hug in front of others and act like we didn't know that they were looking at us. God! I really hated that we had the idea to act like girlfriend and boyfriend. Well sadly we don't look like siblings- Otherwise we could just pretend to be siblings.
And again my thoughts were interrupted by Tewks walking towards me. He was wearing a black suit and honestly didn't look bad.

"The air in here isn't that fresh anymore." He coughed and I nodded.
"Shall we go outside for a while?"

"Sure." I quickly said, because he wasn't wrong with the whole air situation in there. I inhaled the fresh air as soon as we stepped out of the door.
It already was freaking 11pm..
The time passes fast when you try being social.

"So how do you like the party?" Tewks asked.

"It's nice. Better than these dances that mother forces me to attend." I answered and he nodded. He understood what I meant. He was born in a rich lord family too which means that he knows the struggles that we both go though. We walked around a bit until we came to a dark alley.
And then five men stepped out of the alley. I knew that thew were trouble from the moment I saw them so I tried analyzing the situation as quickly as I could. One of them had a knife, it wasn't as big as a dagger so I could use that to my advance! Three men looked pretty strong and in good form, most likely twenty to thirty years old but the fifth man made me ponder. He looked older, not able to fight. He was their boss, that was for sure.
Two men were approaching Tewks and two were coming towards me. Luckily the dude with the knife didn't pick to attack Tewks instead of me because he wouldn't be able to survive an attack by a knife. I would because I had a dagger.