ᥴꫝꪖρ𝕥ꫀ᥅ 18 || ❁

We did it. We reached more rights for women. It was evening and to celebrate that we were going to Edith's tea shop. We were going meet Anna, Sophia and Enola there. Yeah. You've heard right. Sophia, she didn't betray us anymore since she saved our lives weeks before. Anna found herself a boyfriend that truly cares for her, and Sophia did the same except that she married her boyfriend. Enola is married too, to a detective that understands her being busy sometimes and when she found out that me and Tewks were dating, she even was happy for us. As we arrived we saw them sitting inside and waved towards them.

„Let's get out." I said and smiled towards Tewks as he nodded and took my hand.
Outside of the tea shop there was a man waiting. He looked rich so I didn't know what he was doing on the streets.

„Are you good sir?" Tewks asked and the man glared at us. He then suddenly pulled a gun out of his pocket.

„You sent Lord William into jail! This is for him!" he yelled and I couldn't react. I was frozen. That's what love does to you, it makes you fear, get weak and it makes you feel pain but I'm not mad at it. Because love also can heal you.
It was like a movie was playing in front of my eyes.
The man shot and the bullet hit Tewksbury. Into his heart..
The man ran away but I didn't see it because my eyesight was blurry because of the tears thats I was crying as I took Tewks into my arms. Enola ran after the man while Soph and Anna helped me get Tewks into the carriage. We sat down and told the driver to drive us to the hospital.

꧁ ❀ ꧂

As we arrived the driver helped us to carry Tewks inside. We laid him on a bed and the nurses took him with them but I went with them, holding his hand. They brought him into a room because he was going to get operated. His eyes were still open but I could see that he was fighting to keep them open.

„Please stay with me." I sobbed and he just smiled.

„I will always be with you Y/n. Even if I die, I'll be there with you." he said and squeezed my hand. Then he closed his eyes and I could see that his chest stopped moving up and down.

„No. Nononono. NO." I started saying and screamed the last part. The nurses came and took him from me so it was only me left, sitting in an empty room, crying because I had just lost the person that loved the most. He was dead and I wasn't able to do anything. Who was I if I couldn't even protect my husband? He was gone. And left me back.
I ran into the night, sobbing. Crying. I ran away from everyone. From everything. Until I was in a forest. I ran and ran. Deeper and deeper inside until I couldn't anymore. And then I screamed. I screamed one time to let out my pain.

꧁ ❀ ꧂

——————————-
Word count: 530 words
Still 2 chapters to go!