Hail Mary

A few days passed, though not much really happened. It was boring other than the random perverted sex they would have in their room from time to time. She assumed he was getting orders since Master came by every so often and they chatted. However, they were still most definitely drugging her food so time became a weird abstract concept to her which she was only able to measure by when she ate and generally how light or dark it was outside. Jamie was spending more and more time out of the room with the guy doing other things. She gained some understanding through the brief moments they were in the bathroom and were able to avoid suspicion that he believed he was gaining Master's trust but when she asked how, or what he was doing to accomplish that he wouldn't elaborate. There was an assumption that whatever it was had to be terrible and illegal and she was probably better off not knowing.

One morning she woke up to see Jamie sitting at the table eating breakfast. She sat up and yawned and as her vision went from blurry to clear she could see in his hand he was holding something. When her brain leapt into action again she realized that it was the remote to her collar. That was a big step up. She crawled over to him and he set her dish of food on the floor along with the usual bowl of water.

"I have to um...use the bathroom." She said softly.

"Come on then," He said, grabbing her arm and yanking her to her feet, "You could use a shower as well, yeah?"

"Yes, sir." She replied and let him basically drag her into the bathroom as usual. She knew that he'd made a statement to Master about having some sort of fetish for golden showers which he'd not ever actually requested of her or said to her. It seemed to be a clever excuse to be able to spend more time in the bathroom without it being too weird and they had started capitalizing on that as much as they could. She didn't really know what he was into, if it was that, if it was a lie, or whatever. All she hoped was that this was not something they were ever asked to prove because it didn't seem like it would be very fun.

"I got the remote and I'm very close to getting a phone." He said as soon as the door was shut.

"A phone?" She asked, "How in the hell are you going to convince him of that?"

"You don't want to know."

"You say that just about any time I ask you about any of this, it's getting very frustrating." She said and went to the toilet as he turned away as usual and lit a cigarette.

"I know, love, but there are things that we have to do for survival that I don't know if you could forgive us for." He said.

"I get that but..." She paused, "Us?" She finished using the toilet then went to the sink to wash her hands and grab her toothbrush so she could brush her teeth.

"You think Joseph's not doing his part? That poor boy." He sighed. "And before you ask he told me not to tell you anything about that so you won't be hearing it from me."

"Fine," She said, though she wasn't sure what any of them had to do in order to get out of there. Even kill. Self defense was self defense and so was survival. Though she didn't want to have to hurt or murder anyone, if it came down to her life or her freedom she'd already been trying to convince herself that some things just needed to be done. "What about Gina? Why has no one told her that maybe she needs to not act like a bitch?"

"That was her idea, love."

"What?" She asked and started to brush her teeth.

"Well, according to her, if we all just started acting like we were cool with this and all at the same time then it would look suspicious. I think she's right. Joseph was dragging his feet a bit more at the beginning, there was that fight we had and on occasion we continue it to keep up appearances just less now. I don't know what Master thinks of you but he is buying it. All of it. We just need to keep going." He explained.